10 Women Share Their Best Advice About Having Sex For The First Time

I Asked 10 Women About Having Sex For The First Time, And Their Advice Is V Important

"Don't be afraid to laugh! Sex doesn't always have to be so serious."

1615
I asked 10 women of all different ages to share their best advice about having sex for the first time, and here's what they had to say.

Having sex for the first time can be a little intimidating, especially if you don't know what to expect. But you're not alone! Everyone has their first time, so I asked 10 women of all different ages to share their best advice about having sex for the first time, and here's what they had to say.

1. "Focus on the other person, just watch them... it'll help you get out of your head." - Maria, 18

2. "Use lots of lube." -Daniella, 19

Tip: Use water-based instead of oil-based lubricants. Oil-based lubes can degrade latex, making the condom more likely to tear.

3. "I usually do some yoga before I know I'm going to be sexually active." - Nicole, 23

Hip opening yoga and pelvic floor stretches are helpful.

4. "Foreplay is so important!" - Maya, 22

Foreplay prepares both the mind and body for sex.

5. "Let the other person worship you!" - Isabel, 33

6. "You don't have to bleed your first time." - Irina, 45

A 1998 journal published in the "British Medical" by Dr. Sara Patterson-Brown found that 63% of women did not experience bleeding after the first time they had sex.

7. "Set a time and place, like when your parents aren't home for example." - Pamela, 17

8. "Have a sip of wine before, it helps you relax." - Dariya, 18

9. "Turn on some music." - Elizabeth, 23

10. "Don't be afraid to laugh! Sex doesn't always have to be so serious, it can be lighthearted and fun." - Emily, 24

Follow Swoon on Instagram.