I Wish Heaven Had Visiting Hours

I Wish Heaven Had Visiting Hours

If only this could be true.

2050
I Wish Heaven Had Visiting Hours
Digital Free Thought

For those who have lost a loved one, the holidays can be tough. You might have found yourself staring at their empty seat, praying to God that they could be here for one more meal or just one more day. I find myself doing this very thing at each holiday dinner since my junior year of high school when I lost my Mom Mom, who was my very best friend. Since then, my family has experienced two more losses when my Uncle and Pop passed away; needless to say, the holidays have been especially difficult for my family over the past couple years. But of course, its not just the holidays when we miss people in Heaven. Each time I smell her certain perfume or hear her favorite song, the feeling of missing my Mom Mom comes back immediately. During the quiet times of the day, I can't help thinking about my Mom Mom, Pop, and Uncle up there in Heaven and wondering if they are actually watching over me (even though I can feel that they are).

Do me a favor: while you can, hug your loved ones a little tighter and a little longer because you truly never know when the last time will be the last. As simple as that is, I know we all can get swept up in our busy lifestyles and forget to really appreciate the family and friends in our lives right now. Take this as a reminder to call your grandmother and tell her how much you love her, or ask your grandfather if he wants to watch the Eagles game with you. You truly never know when each person's time on Earth will be up, so tell your loved ones how much they mean to you while you still can.

"I wish Heaven had visiting hours." Oh, how I wish this could be true.