8 Things To Cross Off Your Bucket List In Wisconsin This Summer

Did someone say a sunflower maze?

246
Photo by Adam Kring on Unsplash

With summer around the corner, everyone is beginning to make their summer plans. Wisconsin tends to get overlooked in terms of summer destinations. However, there is actually a variety of summer activities that Wisconsin can offer.

From kayaking through caves to exploring a sunflower maze, Wisconsin has a wide variety of unique activities. If you live in Wisconsin or are planning on visiting Wisconsin this summer, check out these Wisconsin activities to cross off your bucket list this summer.

Cliff jumping

Photo by Austin Neill on Unsplash

Cliff jumping is an exhilarating experience that you can cross off your bucket list this summer. There are many areas in Wisconsin that have been noted as popular sites for cliff jumping.

It is important to address the fact that while cliff jumping is a fun experience, it can also be very dangerous. If you decide to cliff jump this summer, take caution and do your research on safe cliff jumping sites.

Hike through the state parks

Wisconsin contains many beautiful state parks that are excellent for those looking to do some hiking this summer. Many state parks have easily marked trails with varying difficulty which is great for new and experienced hikers alike.

My personal favorite places to hike in Wisconsin are Willow River State Park and Devil's Lake State Park.

Sea Cave kayaking

The Apostle Islands are one of Wisconsin's summertime gems. These beautiful islands are accessible by a short ferry ride and attract visitors from around the world.

One of the most popular attractions in the Apostle Islands is cave kayaking. With the help of an experienced guide, you can explore these magnificent sea caves and get great views of the islands.

Go tubing down the Namekagon River 

River tubing is an iconic Wisconsin summer pastime. There are many rivers in Wisconsin that are popular river tubing sites due to their gentle nature.

The Namekagon River is among the most popular rivers for tubing in Wisconsin. Tubes can be rented from the Log Cabin Resort and Campground near Spooner Wisconsin.

Get lost in a sunflower maze

In addition to being a distlliery which a wonderful atmosphere, the Perlick Distillery is famous for its unique sunflower maze. While enjoying delicious drinks, you can wander through a beautiful sunflower maze.

If you're looking to up your Instagram game this summer, be sure to check out Perlick's Sunflower Maze!

Visit an unusual swing park

This unusual swing park is located underneath the Holton Street Bridge in Milwaukee. The swing park contains 5 swings made from tires that hover above a large bed of sand.

This unique site is popular among locals but is usually unknown by anyone not from the area. If you're looking for something non-typical to do this summer, this swing park in Milwaukee might be just the thing to check out.

Walk through a botanical garden housed in a giant dome

These beautiful botanical gardens, also known as "The Milwaukee Domes" are a great spot to add to your Wisconsin bucket list. The domes contain a large variety of plants including both tropical and desert exhibits.

The Domes are also great to explore in the winter if you're longing to escape the snow and immerse yourself in the tropics.

Visit a pebble beach

Wisconsin has many family-friendly beaches perfect for summertime. However, if you're looking to explore a more unique spot, you'll definitely want to check out this beautiful pebble beach.

The Schoolhouse Beach Park is located on Washington Island in Door County. The beach is completely sandless so it is perfect for those who aren't fond of getting their swimsuits covered in sand. The beach also contains a picnic area so it is the perfect spot to spend the day.