Winter Life On Campus

Winter Life On Campus

You have to wake up earlier than usual, leave your room earlier if you want to make it on time and not fall on your commute

20
Winter Life On Campus
Fiona Bowers

The first snowfall

If you’re like me, you wait in anticipation for the first snow of the new school year. Here at Augie, it snowed late December 3, and into the early morning and afternoon. Waking up and seeing freshly fallen snow is the best and of course, taking pictures of how beautiful your campus is!

Walking to class

You have to wake up earlier than usual, leave your room earlier if you want to make it on time and not fall on your commute. Also, its freezing, and if you didn’t wear the proper clothing, your entire body is frozen.

Clothing

Break out those winter jackets, boots, hats, gloves, scarves, everything, because its about to get cold. Another thing that sucks is that winter clothing is more expensive than spring or summer clothing.

Getting out of bed

You make yourself so comfortable and warm, and when your alarm goes up, you don’t want to leave your blanket burrito. The struggles of waking up are so real in the winter.

Fire Alarms suck

Fire alarms suck in general, but if you have to evacuate, you better throw on some warm boots and wrap up in a blanket because who knows how long you’re going to be waiting.

All the seasonal drinks

If you have a coffee shop on campus or nearby, it’s finally time to indulge in all of your favorite holiday drinks like peppermint hot chocolate or white hot chocolate (my personal favorite)

The reminder that break is soon

With winter, we’re reminded that Christmas break is soon, and who doesn’t love break? Spending time with family and not worrying about classes for a while.