The Best Winter Date Ideas For You And Your Boyfriend

The Best Winter Date Ideas for You and Your Boyfriend

Ways to make this holiday season the best yet with your boyfriend.

328
pixabay.com

Ahhh tis' the season of hot cocoa and curling up by a fire with your loved one. What could get better than that? Sometimes the winter season inhibits dates other than staying inside, but there are so many fun date ideas out there to spice up your holiday season.

1. Ice skating

This fun activity is the most spirited date around the holidays. The Rink at Campus Martius Park is a great location in Michigan to skate around and hold hands with your loved one. Who cares if you don't know how to skate, it'll only create more laughs.

2. Christmas movie binge watch

This is a cheap alternative to spending money at the movies. Get a cozy blanket and two cups of hot chocolate and snuggle up to watch The Grinch and Polar Express.

3. Hockey game

Your boyfriend will love this one, because what man doesn't love sports? Surprising him with two tickets to your hometown hockey team will result in a fun day for both of you.

4. Gingerbread house making

This holiday tradition is one I tend to forget about. There's nothing cuter than building a gingerbread house with your boyfriend while listening to Christmas music in the background. It screams holiday spirit.

5. The "newlywed game"

No matter how long you've been dating someone, there is always something more to learn about them. This is perfect for a last minute date idea, where you exchange questions and challenge each other to see who knows who best!

6. The penny date

In the winter time, sometimes it's difficult to get out of the house to go on a date. All you want to do is curl up in the warmth, so an easy creative date is the "penny date". Get in the car and choose a number, and that number is the amount of turns you have to take. Flipping the penny, heads equals a right turn and tails equals a left turn. This date is spontaneous, you end up where you end up and have to make the most of it.

7. Baking

This one is easy and fun and results in quality time with your boyfriend. Stay in and bake and give the treats to friends and family.

8. Host a holiday party

Get your friends and his friends together for an enjoyable Christmas or New Years party! You could also host ornament making or a cookie making or even an ugly sweater party.

9. Try a new local coffee shop

If you are both coffee lovers, experience a new coffee shop! You can help support local small businesses and it's a great date to allow conversations to get to know each other more.

10. Window shop

You won't spend any money, but you'll get some ideas on Christmas gifts for your significant other...sneaky, sneaky!

11. Take a trip to the Detroit Institute of Arts (DIA)

This art museum in Detroit, MI is a fun place to go with your boyfriend. Regardless of where you live, you can always appreciate a beautiful museum filled with culture and art.

12. Volunteer at a soup kitchen

There's nothing more rewarding than giving back around the holidays, and doing it with your significant other makes it even more special. It can result in a win-win for you and someone who is in need for your help!

13. Big city adventure

Take a little getaway to the city! Walking the streets with your boyfriend and looking at all the lights results in a romantic trip for the both of you. Whether it is Chicago, New York, or Miami you'll find good times and new experiences for the both of you.

Happy Holidays!