My Life as a Single College Girl as Told by Winnie The Pooh

This is My life as a single college girl, as told by winnie the pooh

Oh, honey.

117

With the release of the trailer for the new live action Winnie the Pooh movie, I began to rewatch a lot of Winnie the Pooh episodes and movies from my childhood.

Along with nostalgia, I realized that I might relate to Winnie the Pooh now, as a single college girl, than I did as a kid.

Me ready to eat a dinner for 4 all by myself

media.giphy.com

One thing you realize when you're single, is that it is hard to make food portions just for one person. I find myself making myself enough food, and filling my plate with enough food to feed a small family. it hasn't been great for a figure, but it's been great for my taste buds.

Me going to bed at 8pm because I can

media.giphy.com

When you live alone, for some reason, 8pm become prime sleeping time. Maybe it's because you no longer have roommates to stay up watching movies with, or maybe it's because your apartment is much quieter than campus will ever be. No matter the reason, it feels good to catch up on sleep every now and then.

Me trying to figure out what I'm gonna do with my life

media.giphy.com

My college career has gone by so fast. And here I am realizing I'm supposed to be thinking about (and planning) what I want to do with my life. Instead, I'm laying in bed watching Winnie the Pooh.

My friends and I prepared to fail an exam we know we didn't study for

media.giphy.com

We've all been there before, and we all know this is exactly the face you made when you open that test packet and can't even understand the first word of the first question. Welcome to college my friend.

Me working out for the first time in a year

media.giphy.com

This is an accurate representation of me walking out the shower, looking at myself, realizing i should probably start working out; then, proceeding to do a few crunches, a couple of squats, and calling it a day until next year.

Me running away from my problems

media.giphy.com

Accurate representation of me pretending everything is okay when I haven't signed up for classes, paid rent, or have even thought about school in the last two weeks. Hopefully, everything turns out okay in the end like it does for Winnie the Pooh.

Me waking up every weekend, surrounded by my mistakes

media.giphy.com

I wholeheartedly relate to Winnie the Pooh's appetite. Especially waking up on Saturday with a raging headache, surrounded by my clothes from the night before you know the first thing I'm doing is getting some breakfast.

Me when anyone gives me attention

media.giphy.com

In college, especially when you go to a large university, it is hard to form relationships with people. So whenever I see someone I know, or someone I vaguely know says hi to me, it honestly makes my day.