I Will Not Apologize For Being Best Friends With My Boyfriend

I wouldn't want to be best friends with anyone else

40
Wallpaper77

I am truly sorry but I cannot apologize for being best friends with my boyfriend. I am aware that I have not spent a lot of time with you since I got back from break. I am also aware that you and others believe that this is only a phase since we have not been together that long. I also wish I could say that you are right but I can't. As I have always said to you and have mentioned before, my definition of best friend is different from everyone else's. My best friend is going to be my husband whoever he may be one day. I am best friends with my boyfriend because I really want to know him and learn about him. I want to see what it might be like if I married him. He is the one person I am excited to see everyday. He is the number one positive person in my life. He is always there for me when times are tough for me. He is truly my best friend. He understands me as well as I understand him. We are perfectly fine doing nothing as long as we are together.

As my best friend, he pushes me and challenges me in my life to try and do better than I was yesterday. He gets on to me for not working on my homework when he catches me on my phone. He is my perfect best friend because we can function as a couple without getting too ooey gooey in public. We can make fun of each other and do silly things. We like to embarrass the crap out of each other. He is my number one competition in games. No matter if we are bowling or playing Trivia Crack, I like to try and beat him. It does not always work out the way I want to but having the competition is so much fun.

I am not saying that you do not do any of these things for me. It is not what I am trying to say at all. It is just when it comes to the end of the day, I would rather hang out with my boyfriend where I feel completely safe and I can say whatever I want to him. I feel like I can be my true self around him and I do not always feel that way with you sometimes. Please do not take it the wrong way. You are a great friend but my best friend is my boyfriend.