Reasons I Love President Obama And Why I Will Miss Him When He Is No Longer President

Highlights from the last eight years

160
ThyBlackMan.com

Barack Obama has been President of the United States since I was in the sixth grade and will be until part way through my second year of college. In a sense, he is kind of my President. With the Presidential Election coming in November, the people will elect someone new and no matter who wins, I am going to miss Obama as President. Here’s some of the highlights of his Presidency and reasons that I will miss him:

He has a great sense of humor and takes the opportunity to show this to the people.

As President, he has a very serious job and it is nice to see him be able to have fun when he can. His demeanor is casual and humorous when it can be, and serious when it needs to be. In my eyes this brings him closer to the people by making him more relatable.

He is a President for the people.

Whether it is through health care, gun control, the job market, support for the middle class, civil rights, etc. the President, through his positions and policies, shows that he really cares about the American people.

He is by far the coolest President America has ever had.

He and Michelle Obama have a great, inspiring relationship and have put it to good use to get certain work done together.

The First Lady has been able to work on her Let’s Move initiative to works towards a healthier youth in America and together they have worked on things like the Let Girls Learn initiative which strives for girls around the world to attend and complete school.

He has done a lot to help support equality for LGBTAQ+ Americans.

First through repealing Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell, and then by supporting the national legalization of same-sex marriage, he has been supportive of this group and their struggle for equality.

He successfully created a health care system that gave insurance to millions of people who were previously uninsured.

His system is a good step towards a universal health care system and makes America a good example of a country that cares for the health and wellbeing of it’s people

His executive order on immigration proposes a plan that takes away the threat of deportation for approximately 4 million people.

The executive order has also allowed undocumented students to be free from the threat of deportation and be able to pay instate tuition for college.

He is a peace builder.

In 2009 he won the Nobel Peace Prize “for his extraordinary efforts to strengthen international diplomacy and cooperation between peoples”. He also successfully ended the war in Iraq in 2011 after the United States spent almost nine years there.

He cares about those close to him.

In 2015 when Vice President Joe Biden’s son Beau passed away from brain cancer, President Obama was by his side as a friend at the funeral and long after. President Obama even offered his Vice President financial support so he would not have to sell his house to support Beau’s family when he was ill. At his last State of the Union President Obama announced an American effort to cure cancer and put the Vice President in charge of it.

Lastly, one of my favorite moments of the Obama’s Presidency that I believe truly shows what a strong and compassionate President he has been:

When he sang Amazing Grace as a part of his eulogy for Reverend Clementa Pinckney