Why You Should Stop Confessing Negative Things

Start complimenting yourself every day. I'm serious.

31
BruceRosenstein.com

At a time in life, there comes a point when there is a desire for change. Whether that may be removing toxic people out of your life, or quitting a bad habit, a desire for change can be overwhelming. However, little do we know, the things we say when we are wanting to change are what are holding us back. In the words of Joyce Meyer, if we keep confessing negative things, then there will be no positive outcome. There will be no change.

For example, if you're wanting to lose weight, or exercise more, but you keep saying: "I will never get to the place I want to be," then you are simply creating the opposite effect. You will not get to the place you want to be, until you start saying positive things every time you look in the mirror, or you reach an accomplishment.

Yes, it sounds cheesy to look in the mirror every time and say: "wow, I look great. I'm getting closer to my goal," but when you start confessing positive things, that's when the ultimate change starts coming through. Instead of getting in a habit of dragging yourself down with a sense of perfectionism, try boosting yourself up by acknowledging the positive things about yourself; because trust me, there is nobody in this world that is a completely perfect human being. Everyone has healthy goals that they should be trying to accomplish, and there are healthy ways to work towards these goals.

No matter how silly you think you might sound, when you start confessing positive things, instead of negative, your quality of life will drastically improve. You will no longer count on others to determine your happiness. Suddenly, there will be a sense of confidence from within. You will start acknowledging your accomplishments more, instead of focusing on the negative aspects of life.

Most importantly, you will notice your positive change in the best of ways. Your relationships with others will change, because once you start sending off positive vibes, people will want to be a part of what you are going through. Additionally, learning to stop confessing negative things will inspire others to do the same thing. Imagine if everyone in the world chose not to focus on the negative, and chose to bring themselves and others up. The world would be a much happier place.

In the end, there is no definition of "perfect" in this world. Every individual has their personal goals that they aspire to achieve to better fit their "perfect" mold. However, the most important thing is to improve your quality of life, to be happy, and to have the inner confidence that shines through. Start complimenting yourself every single day.