Why You Should Be Playing 'Easy To Lose'

You Don't Have To Play 'Hard To Get,' But You Should Definitely Be Playing 'Easy To Lose'

Always act like you have other options.

11737

It's true what they say: "People want what they can't have."

Whether that's a different hair color, their dream car, or a person they're crushing on, it's pretty much always true. I mean, we've all been there before — you're talking to a guy who appears to be head-over-heels for us right off the bat, takes you out a few times, and then suddenly disappears or ends things.

After being on the receiving end of this phenomenon a few too many times, I think it's time to share what I've learned. Because it's easy to get carried away in the beginning of a relationship because we're hopeful, excited, and we want to win them over.

The reality, though, is this: you don't want to be too available.

Once a man realizes you're always going to be there when he calls or texts, he's going to pull away. He might even think it's weird that you never have anything else going on. Even if you think this is the sweet thing to do, boys love to chase. And once they think they've gotten you, they pull away.

I'm not saying you should be playing "hard-to-get." But, what I am saying is you should be playing "easy to lose."

If you really want this guy, your best bet is to continue to act like you have other options. Work on yourself: go to the gym, have hobbies, see your friends. Your world should not revolve around this potential boyfriend yet and if it does, he is going to lose interest quickly.

Our natural instinct when we like someone is to actively pursue them and it can be hard not to. But it's important to stay busy and remind yourself that they should be the one actively pursuing you. Trust me: if you act like you're just going with the flow and aren't too preoccupied with changing your relationship status, he will ultimately think you are the perfect girlfriend material.

Follow Swoon on Instagram.