Why You Should Always Keep Your Family Close

Always keep your family close and God closer.

36
www.itsallaboutthepretty.com

"Families are like fudge, mostly sweet with a few nuts."

I come from a big loud family, so loud you would actually think we were Italian. We love to have fun and we know how to make each other happy. Happiness is the key to life and without my family, I have no idea how I would even make it through a single day itself. No matter what situation you're in and how big it is, you can always pick up the phone and call a family member because they for one will tell you the truth and love you no matter how big or small the situation is. They will buy dirt from you and give you the shirt off their back. Family is life. At least mine is.

1. Family will always be there and never leave you stranded.

They take care of you when you're sick and they make you smile when you're sad. Even if its just hanging out or going to a movie. They will give you good advice and still give you a good time as well.

2. They will constantly nag you about stupid things such as bills, but they do it because they care.

They make sure you're always taken care of especially with food because in our family, nobody goes without eating a meal. They will annoy you and sometimes make you mad, but at the end of the day, you know you will always have their love and support. They will accept you for who you are, I'm talking the no-makeup and crazy hair wearing the same pajamas three times in a row you. They will accept that you're weird because you have to get it from someone (my mom)!

3. Always keep your cousins close.

Your cousins are always there to keep you going and know you more than anyone. Keep them close to your heart if you can.

4. Always keep your siblings close.

My siblings and I used to fight non-stop. I moved out and grew up and now they miss me like crazy and always want me to come get them and hang out. They will annoy you and make you mad, but trust me, you will find so many ways to get them out of trouble with your parents. You will even catch yourself taking the blame. I have turned into such a softie towards my siblings. You will also understand why God had gave them to you. He picked those specific people to be yours because he knew they would be the best match. You will also become their friends and get to know them a little better once you move out. At the end of a lifetime when your parents are gone, you will always have your good ol' siblings.

My family will always be my "best friend." I would rather sit and watch western films with my grandparents rather then hang out with "friends." I love to be with my family and I am whenever possible. We may be a crazy family but we're a pretty perfect one. I love our loudness and all of the dirty Santa fights. I love us. I love how they support my career and even come to the funeral home and see me. One night as I was sitting there watching my family play a Christmas game, I looked around and saw nothing but smiles and people laughing, hugging and making jokes and I couldn't help but to almost tear up because at the exact moment. I knew who my people were, and it just goes to prove that when your around people who truly love you, your smile will never fade.

"How can we not talk about family when family is all that we got? Everything I went through you were standing there by my side and now you're gon' be with me for the last ride" -- Wiz Khalifa.