Why I Won't "Let It Go"
Politics

Why I Won't "Let It Go"

"I won't let it go, and no one should."

11
Why I Won't "Let It Go"
NBC News

My Facebook is pretty much a political war zone right now. I've been more in tune with the news the last few months than I have ever been. Why? Because this election was probably one of the most important ones we've ever had, and what did the American people do? Well... we screwed it up.

I've been pretty bitter about it, and some people have told me to just "let it go", but I can't. I refuse to let it go. I refuse to sit here and watch it all happen, and then not say a freaking word about it. I refuse to stop fighting for what's right. I can't sit here and watch Donald Trump tear this country apart and not be affected by it. I won't do it either.

I won't watch him sign an executive order for a Muslim ban and not be angry about it.

I won't watch him, and his personnel, lie right to reporters' faces and not call them out.

I absolutely refuse to watch millions of women march for their rights, only to see Trump, his staff, and all of his voters looking down on that.

Then, only a few days ago, I learn that Trump is moving forward with building the wall between Mexico and us. He says we won't pay for it, and yet Mexico is sitting here saying they won't pay either. Trump can say we'll get that money back, but I'm not stupid enough to believe that. So now, my tax money is going to a wall that won't work, when it could be going to things that matter.

Like, oh I don't know! Improving healthcare. Improving education. Improving the environment and looking for ways we can be more "green". Medical research to finally cure cancer. Feed the millions of homeless people in America. LITERALLY ANYTHING ELSE.

Then we've got his picks for his staff, such as the absolutely atrocious Betsy DeVos, who doesn't have an ounce of experience or any common sense. Trump nominated Ricky Perry for Secretary of Energy, when just a few years ago, he said the department shouldn't even exist! How did we get here? How did America become even more a wreck then it already was?

So no. I won't "let it go". Not while millions are being discriminated against. Not while my tax money is paying for things I don't believe in. Not while I have to sit and watch America basically burn to the ground. I won't let it go, and no one should.