Why I Make Decisions For My Own Body

Why I Make Decisions For My Own Body

Because in the end, I live with the choices. No one else.

119
Why I Make Decisions For My Own Body
womenyoushouldknow.net

Within society's tight grip over our youth, we have allowed our standard of beauty to be determined from photo shopped images. This unobtainable appearance of women having large breasts, small waists, large butts, and men having perfectly lean bodies along with abs and sharp jaw lines, has only disembodied teenagers and young adults from having any say in what will make themselves feel happy.

It can be hard to see an image of a celebrity with stunning clothing, hair, and makeup; and very easy to forget it is from large sums of money that allowed these 'idols' to appear as if they are from a fairy tale,Most of the time. It can alter anyone's confidence to be courageous and appreciate who they are.

In order to prove that I value my body as my Temple I have taken a solemn oath to not allow anyone's opinion influence my decision of what is best for myself. This includes magazines and TV shows such as Vogue, Keeping Up With The Kardashians; and other hugely influential advertisements aimed towards flaunting a Barbie doll like 'perfection'. Within this oath I also do not allow the Government's laws restrict me from my health as a female.

*cough* PRO CHOICE *cough*