Why We Love Guardians Of The Galaxy

Why We Love Guardians Of The Galaxy

What makes this movie one of Marvel's best?

142
Why We Love Guardians Of The Galaxy
imgbase

Something big was announced recently. Marvel Studios released a brand new trailer for the sequel to "Guardians of the Galaxy." We haven't heard from any of the Guardians since the first movie because, unlike the Avengers, they have made absolutely no appearances in other Marvel movies. Everyone is so excited to see what's in store for this band of misfits in 2017. In honor of the upcoming movie, let's revisit all the reasons why we love the "Guardians of the Galaxy."

The Characters

Every single character in "Guardians of the Galaxy" is amazing, along with the actors who portray them. Chris Pratt does an outstanding job as the only human on the team, Peter Quill. His wit and timing when delivering his lines makes him an awesome character. Zoe Saldana does amazing as the green and powerful warrior by the name of Gamora. Bradley Cooper lends his voice for the character Rocket and doesn't get nearly enough credit for it. He brings the character to life so much that you don't think of him as a computer-animated raccoon. You think of him as Rocket. Dave Bautista takes a break from his time in the wrestling ring to be the strong, ruthless and way too literal Drax the Destroyer. Being a wrestling fan, Batista was one of the main reasons I went to see this movie and it ended up being the best I've ever seen him. Of course, the one character everyone always brings up whenever "Guardians of the Galaxy" is mentioned is Groot. Vin Diesel makes such a memorable character out of this giant talking tree and all he says is three words: "I," and "am," and "Groot," exclusively in that order. Let's not forget the supporting cast of Yandu, The Collector, Ronin...the entire cast is amazing. Marvel took characters that average movie-goers have never heard of and made them household names.

The Soundtrack

There's a reason why the soundtrack of this movie hit #1 on the Billboard 200, Top Soundtracks, Rock Albums and Digital Albums charts. It wasn't because of the new hit single that came from the movie. It wasn't because of the amazing compositions. It wasn't because of the big names that wrote music for it. It's because the entire soundtrack (titled the Awesome Mix, Vol. 1) consisted of classic songs from the 60's and 70's, with absolutely no new songs written for it. The soundtrack quickly became a hit and made songs such as Hooked on a Feeling and I Want You Back synonymous with "Guardians of the Galaxy." That being said, the fans can't wait to see what will be on Volume Two. (We already know Fox on the Run by Sweet will be in it, which is awesome.)

The Quotes

"Who put the sticks up their butts? That is cruel."

"Nothing goes over my head. My reflexes are too fast. I would catch it."

"Finger on the throat means death!"

Director James Gunn and Nicole Perlman knew what they were doing when they put this script together. The one-liners and the back-and-forth dialogue are always repeated long after the movie is already over. I always have a plan to use Guardians quotes in my everyday life. Well...twelve percent of a plan. Which isn't really a plan. It's barely a concept. Moving on.

The Feeling

CGI has always been necessary for Marvel movies. Super powers can't be shown without adding some sick effects. However, not every Marvel movie takes place in outer space for most of the time. "Guardians of the Galaxy" does and it looks spectacular. Something about the effects in this movie just stands head-and-shoulders above the other Marvel movies. The visuals are stunning and very colorful, making you really want to go visit Knowhere (the best name for a fictional location ever).

Groot

I know I mentioned him earlier, but come on. I know he's the reason you're here. He's a talking tree who's as loyal and adorable as a dog. He's kind and innocent. Plus, he can put a hurting on someone. After the movie hit theaters, stores really had to stock up on their dancing Groot toys, because they were flying off the shelves.

Guardians of the Galaxy is an amazing movie and the second one looks like it'll be just as amazing. You can check out the new trailer below. Be sure to share this article so you can share the love for this masterpiece of a movie.