Why I'm Tired Of Hearing About Trump And His Protesters
Politics

It's time to accept that Donald Trump is our President and to give him a chance.

403
Snopes.com

The 45th President of the United States was inaugurated about 18 days ago and like it or not, he's here for four-years until the election for his second term. Yes, Donald Trump has no experience as a politician nor does he have any experience as a senator or governor. He only has his advisers and Vice President to help guide him. After being inaugurated, Trump has already made several executive orders, which was already a given considering how many times he mentioned getting rid of Obamacare. Good for him. I wish him the best of luck and I pray that our country doesn't fall any lower than it has.

Here's my problem: I'm tired of all these people rioting or protesting against his presidency.

I freaking get it. You don't like the fact that Trump is our president and he's racist or vowing to raise a damn wall between the U.S. and Mexico. It absolutely sucks that your candidate—be it Hillary Clinton or some third party—didn't win and now you have to live for four years with a man who has no experience in running anything but corporate businesses and loves to run his mouth on Twitter. You probably hate that this man isn't smart enough to run our country or will cause an unwarranted war with some other country—because we totally need more wars with other countries to help with our economy right now. It sucks and I understand that you hate it.

March and protest all you want about how much you disagree with what the population decided and the Electoral College's final count showed. Theorize about how Russia or Isis hacked the Presidential Votes that made Trump win the election. Whine and complain all you want. It's too late and rioting about how much you hate what Trump is getting rid of or stands for isn't going to help.

You know what the protesting and rioting does? You're basically announcing with a huge damn megaphone to the entire world that we're weak. We as a country—as an ideal—are weak because half of us hate how the election ended. We're so focused on hating each other and Trump being our Commander-in-Chief that we can't think about staying strong and remaining together.

What pisses me off the most is how much hate there is now. Racism and people just hating on each other for their belief system, what party they belong to, and that damn Wall again. I'm neither for Trump as our President nor am I against him. I will accept him as our President until his first term is over or if he gets re-elected. As I had trusted Obama with our country, I will try to do the same for Trump. I may not agree with what he decides to do as President, but I didn't agree with everything Obama did either. What I will not stand for is people spreading hatred.

Hate will only lead to destruction and that's something we do not need. Everything we've faced last year and what's going on around the world—we need to remain together and strong with our patriotism. And, no, I do not mean patriotism as in promoting black vs. white or white supremacy. What does it say about our country and the people who live in it if we only spread hatred and discrimination?

What would our forefathers of the United States of America say about what we have become as a country? As a people?

"We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America." —the Preamble to the Constitution

"We the People..." There is no black or white, man or woman, child or adult. It is "We the People." And as the people of the United States, we should "...form a more perfect Union, establish Justice,[and] insure domestic Tranquility..." It is our job as the people to keep the U.S. together, to make sure their is justice, and tranquility. It is our job to protect our country for what it stands for and our general welfare.

There is nothing in the Preamble that states we should hate each other and become violate over an outcome we do not agree with. Rioting like a bunch of spoiled children will you get nowhere and only place you in jail for violence and vandalism.

As I've said before, I'm neither against nor for Donald Trump. I am willing to give him a chance as our new President just as I did the same for Barack Obama, and as should the rest of you. Don't spread hate or discrimination or racism. Stay grounded in what our country is supposed to stand for and form bonds with your fellow Americans.