Why Social Media Doesn't Define A Friendship

Social media isn't everything

328

Today's world is all about social media, as we all already know!

Some people get in their heads that just because they are your Facebook friend, or they follow you on any social media, that yeah they know you.

When someone asks you if you know so and so, and you're friends with them on social media, and you reply yes, you're wrong.

Here's why:

Can you answer basic questions that you should know about friends, without referring to their social media accounts?

"Whats their favorite color?"

"What are there hobbies?"

"What do they do to cheer themselves up?"

"Am I ever there for them, in their times of struggle?"

ETC....

If you can't answer basic questions that you should know the answer to if their your friend, then,

You don't know them, you know of them. There's a difference.

Don't let it get to your head.

Social media isn't everything, believe it or not, it's truly not.

We only use it to make us all seem a little cooler than we are, think about it for a minute, do we post any of the bad times we have in our life?

No, we don't. It's only there to put out that party or concert we went to.

Social media doesn't define a person, and neither does your relationship with them.

Girls, and boys that are social media obsessed, this isn't meant to offend you or anyone in general.

I was inspired to write this article by a "friend."

Besides, some of us prefer to be more private on social media than others,some very wise words I was once told were "the best time of our lives, are spent with people we love, and we catch memories with our eyes, not our phones."

If you were like me, and grew up always being outside, then you get where I am coming from!

Social media isn't everything, and it sure doesn't define if you know a person or not.

As told by a 17 year old girl.