11 Reasons Why Simone Biles Is The Absolute Best

It's because of more than just her gymnastics skills

222
yahoo.com

1. She has a bubbly personality

While watching Simone on TV her bubbly personality was contagious. I couldn't help but smile along with her. She was always smiling and having a good time during the Olympics. It rubbed off on me even through the TV. She is one of my favorite people to watch, whether it be during the Olympics or in an interview.

2. She's a team player

Simone is one of the best athletes, yet she is still always supporting her teammates. During the Olympics she was always hugging, high-fiving, and giving words of encouragement to her teammates. After Simone won the all-around gold and Aly Raisman won the silver, Simone was celebrating on stage and invited Aly to celebrate with her. During what was supposed to be Simones moment she shared it with Aly.

3. She doesn't let fame go to her head

Simone has been called the best gymnast ever many times yet she still remains humble. To her she's just another girl that happens to be really good at gymnastics. She gives her glory to God and she tells people that she thinks of herself as "just Simone." Her humility is amazing.

4. She's sassy

She has fun with her routines and she's sassy. Her personality definitely shines through when she is competing.

5. She has a tumbling skill named after her

How many people can say they have a tumbling skill named after them? Simone can! Simone was the first gymnast to compete this skill sucessfully so they named it after her. It's called 'the Biles.'

6. She's proof that good things come in small packages

People always say "good things come in small packages." I like to believe that is true since I am short myself! Simone proves that is true. Standing at only 4'8" she is one of the shortest olympic athletes if not the shortest olympic athlete.

7. She's young and successful

At age 19, Simone is the most decorated female gymnast. Before Simone another gymnast has held that title since 1996! Simone has worked very hard to accomplish so much as a young age.

8. She doesn't let the media talking her past define her

The media constantly likes to talk about the fact that she was adopted by her grandparents at a young age. Simone seems to not let that bother her though. To her, her parents are just her parents. Simone didn't get where she is today because of her past. She got there by a lot of hard work and a supportive family. Thats what the media should be talking about!

9. She's strong in her faith

When Simone isn't competing or training she spends time with her family going to church.

10. She loves Zac Efron

It is no secret that Simone loves Zac Efron! Zac has been every girls heartthrob since High School Musical came out. She and the rest of the Final Five got an amazing surprise by Zac during the Oympics and got to meet him. Simones dreams came true! It shows that Simone is just like the rest of us, fangirling over her favorite celebritities.

11. She's from Texas and Texas girls do it better

Simone may not have been born in Texas but she's lived the majority of her life in Texas. As a Texas girl myself, I'm biased and Texas girls do it better. She is an amazing athlete, gymnast and person and I get to share the same state as her! She even got to throw the first pitch for the Houston Astros! How much more Texan can you get than that?!

Basically, I think Simone is amazing and I want to be her best friend. She may be the greatest female gymnast of all-time but she's also a pretty amazing person too!