The Issue With Saying "All Lives Matter"

Black Lives Matter

8

If you don't support the movement, you have no room to change its name.

No one should have to validate the reason their life matters. For those who don't know, black lives matter is a human rights movement that campaigns against violence and systemic racism towards the black community.

By saying black lives matter does not mean that the life of anyone else is less important. It means all lives can't matter until black lives do. If you don't see that clearly let me explain it in a different way for you.

Say you have three kids and one of them gets hurt while playing. Would you dismiss their pain and grief to comfort your other kids just so they don't get their feelings hurt or would you comfort the hurt child and tell them that the pain they're feeling is justified?

Assume your next door neighbor's house was on fire and you had access to the only hose to put out the fire. Would you water your house in fear the fire might spread being an inconvenience to you or would you help out someone who is in need and has fear of losing the place they call home?

Until the world comes together and supports black lives the way they support whites we don't have a right to say all lives matter.

Jesus showed this to us first hand in his ministry. He showed us while he loved everyone, he would still go directly to those in pain and tell them how much he loved and cared for them.

I understand that I will truly never understand. I hear you. I'm learning from you. I love you.

Galatians 6:2 "Carry each other's burdens, and in this way you will fulfill the law of Christ."