It's OK Not To Care All The Time

It's OK Not To Care All The Time

Taking life too seriously is way too draining.

5
It's OK Not To Care All The Time

Caring is a crucial part of being a human, but when does it become OK not to care? Some people may say never, some people may say always, and then people like me say you can stop caring when you feel like it is necessary.

A boy left you on delivered? Stop caring. You got one bad grade on an exam? Stop caring about it. Move on with life, and do not let the little things in life hold you back. It will help you be more independent with your choices and more ambitious in life. Don't let caring about certain things hold you back from doing the most in life.

I was always so concerned and worried about how my parents perceived me. Nothing I did was ever good enough, and I always strived to make them proud. I put so much time and energy into making sure I was doing things that would not upset them, and it honestly ruined a part of my semester. I have been miserably failing my Spanish class this entire semester and contracted boatloads of anxiety from every single class, but I cared about disappointing my parents so much that I stuck through with the class.

That is until this week. I decided to make an independent, big girl decision and drop the class. It was doing absolutely nothing beneficial for me. All it did was stress me out, give me the most anxiety I have ever experienced in my life and was killing my GPA. I knew that my academic future and mental stability were, at this moment, more important than caring about what my parents would say. I made a decision based on not caring and doing what was best for me.

Now I am visibly ten times happier without the class and do not even care what my parents have to say about it. I know that in the long run, I will be OK. I will still graduate on time and get a job. I will still be as successful as ever and more successful than them, hopefully. All of this was accomplished just by not caring. Do not let caring about something destroy your mental health. I am not saying do not care about anything, but know when to dwell on certain things and put your full effort into it. Life is supposed to be fun and stress-free so make it that! Be carefree and go live your best life. Like Justin Bieber and Ed Sheeran would say, "I don't care."