Why My Sister Is My Best Friend

Why My Sister Is My Best Friend

Ever had someone in your life who completely supports you to be yourself?

62
Why My Sister Is My Best Friend
Jaime Rodden

From the moment I found out I was going to have a baby sister when I was 4 years old, my life changed for the better. A sister is more than just a sibling or relative. A sister is someone who will understand and relate to you in a way no one else can. Although I have had my ups and downs with my sister—as I'm sure all siblings do—I can honestly say we always find a way to forgive and be there for each other. To all the sisters out there, here are a few things I'm sure we can all relate to.

She Knows Exactly How To Put A Smile On My Face

Somehow, no matter how hard I try to hide my anger or sadness at times, my sister can always sense my mood and find a way to cheer me up. Whether its making me some of my favorite food, suggesting a movie night, or simply making a funny joke she knows only I'll understand, she can always find a way to put a smile on my face.

She's Always Down For Random Dance Parties

Whether we're home alone bored, driving in the car, or simply hanging out listening to some music in the living room, it always turns into some sort of dance party. And of course early 2000s throwbacks are included. Yes, dance parties alone are fun, but with a sister they are at least 10 times more entertaining. No matter what my mood or how the day has gone prior to our dance party, dancing and singing at the top of my lungs with my sister always puts me in a happy mood. After these nights I'm left feeling lucky to have someone I can be my complete self around.

We've Been Through A Lot Together

Through the good and the bad, I've always had my sister by my side. From a young age, my family has been through some tough times and having my sister there with me through it all, each of us knowing exactly what the other is going through, has made hard situations immensely better. When I felt as though there was no one else I could talk to, my sister was always there to help comfort me and remind me that she understands.

The Jokes Only We Understand

Ever since I can remember, growing up with my sister has been an endless supply of inside jokes. No matter how many years go by, we still have some fond childhood memories and jokes we have carried on through the years. I love having something only my sister and I understand and can laugh about, and it brings us that much closer as sisters and friends.

She Asks Me For Advice

Having a little sister is a great way to pass on your knowledge both from your accomplishments and your mistakes. High school is a rough time for everyone and I'm so glad I have been able to help my sister steer clear of mistakes I made. And of course, when she does make mistakes, I'll always be there as a shoulder to cry on and to help remind her that high school problems will pass with time and no one will remember it in a year to come.

She's My Best Friend

I feel so lucky to have such an incredible person in my life, and although she is younger than me, I still look up to her as a role model. She has inspired me in so many ways and has always found a way to surprise me in what she can accomplish. Not only is my little sister someone I can tease and advise, but I know I can always count on her no matter what the situation, and thats something I will cherish forever.