Why Love Is Stronger Than Hate

Why Love Is Stronger Than Hate

Our differences connect us.

3084
Why Love Is Stronger Than Hate
globalpost

In a world surrounded by darkness, it's normal to ask, "Where is the light?" Hatred consumes us while love is lost. With nowhere safe to turn, we remain paralyzed by corruption.

People look at each other with anger and prejudice instead of admiration and acceptance. It is as if we live in a barren wasteland, stripped of goodness. Where did it go? People tend to dislike things they do not understand or cannot justify themselves. However, this is the very aspect of life that allows humanity to thrive.

Differences connect us. Yet, some people believe differences are a threat. They try to eliminate diversity rather than welcome it. They enforce the fear that we understand as the norm. But, we can stop it.

We must find the love again. We must hold hands instead of holding guns. We must accept instead of reject. It is up to us to mend the heart of the world. On every newsstand, in social media posts and breaking news alerts, we see hate.

Someone was murdered because of their sexuality or the color of their skin. A plane was hijacked or a bomb exploded in an airport. How can people do this? It is disgusting, but this has become the world we live in. The truth is, the world has been broken for a long time.

However, love is the antidote. Show compassion, not judgement. Be kind, not violent. This is the key to fix what we have destroyed. The love of the world hides beneath the hatred that torments us day by day. Life is sacred. One moment can change the course of your entire existence. Do not spend it degrading and demoralizing others. Do not follow in the footsteps of those who imprint this hatred on the world.

Rather, be the voice the world needs. Reach out and take a stand. Love someone for their uniqueness, and support their individuality. We are stronger together. We are the cure.

In a world surrounded by darkness, we can be the light. The light that guides others to love, not hate. The light that brightens the day of someone who suffers. It is time to break free of the darkness and open our eyes to how special differences are. Love everyone equally because it is the only way we can win the war of hate.