7 Quotes That Remind Us Love Is Stronger Than Hate

We need the power of love now more than ever.

17167
etsystatic.com

There has been a string of tragic and awful events that have happened in our society recently. Most of these events have happened because of hatred toward a certain group of people. While it is still unclear as to why these events happened and the lingering questions of the uncertain future, who is to blame? What should and should not happen going forward? We must remind ourselves that love is, and will always be, stronger than hate. It may seem hard to believe in this concept in a time that seems so driven by hate and fear, but trust me when I say, we must not give up on love — no matter what form it comes in we must hang onto it and use it as our drive for a better tomorrow. These quotes will show how strong love can truly be if you allow it the room to grow.

1. "We rise and fall and light from dying embers, remembrances that hope and love last longer. And love is love is love is love is love is love is love is love cannot be killed or swept aside... Now fill the world with music, love and pride." -Lin-Manuel Miranda

2. "I have decided to stick with love. Hate is too great a burden to bear." -Martin Luther King, Jr.

3. "If people can learn to hate they can be taught to love, for love comes more naturally to the human heart than it's opposite." -Nelson Mandela

4. "The value of love will always be stronger than the value of hate. Any nation or group of nations that employs hatred eventually is torn to pieces by hatred." -Franklin D. Roosevelt

5. "Love. It's just chilling, you know? Kicking it with somebody, talking, making mad stupid jokes. And, like, not even wanting to go to sleep, 'cause then you might be without 'em for a minute. And you don't want that." -Poussey ("Orange is the New Black")

6. "Let your love be stronger than your hate or anger. Learn the wisdom of compromise, for it is better to bend a little than to break." -H.G. Wells

7. "Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that." -Martin Luther King, Jr.

Remind yourself to be kind to others and to always choose love over hate.