Why Do We love Love?

Why Do We love Love?

We all want it in some form or fashion

317
Why Do We love Love?
pexels

It's true. It's an element that is needed by every human being at some point in their lives. But, why do we as humans, base the quality of our lives on the idea of being in love, or being loved by someone else?

When looking at question from a black and white perspective, it's an easy answer: it feels good. Love can change the whole character of a person. We all know that one guy or girl that is so head over hills in love that they can barely function on a normal level. Whether it's checking their phones for text messages every five seconds or even just sharing their passion for their significant other every chance they get. We see the obsession even more in movies and social media, where they exemplify the current belief of how love is to supposed feel.

Social media has been notorious for making love about anything you'd like. I can almost instantly find any tumblr picture to match what I believe love should look like. Whether it's a sexual fantasy, a deep poetic romance, or even an eccentric type of love. I guarantee there are images or quotes that will give you a cozy feeling just looking at it.

But, why is this?

I believe it has something to do with the adrenaline rush that comes with being in love. Even when we meet new attractive possible mates, we subconsciously look for characteristics that fit the criteria that we have built in our minds. Because, so many platforms promote unhealthy outlooks on what love should be, out personal list of criteria may also be unhealthy, and quite frankly unrealistic.

So why do people love love? Because you can define it however you want, even if it is unlikely to happen. It's all a brain game, that sends dopamine to our brains.