Why I Left Modeling

Why I Left Modeling

Modeling can be fun, but, it wasn't for me.

20
Why I Left Modeling
Pexels.com

Before I start, I must say that modeling can be a very fun and positive experience, but, personally, it just wasn't for me. If you are a fit for certain types of modeling, like fashion, runway, commercial, or any type else that might be in demand, then you would be able to expect A LOT from modeling, but, that is not the case for everyone.

I started my journey in modeling my sophomore year of high school. I was at the mall with my cousin and we filled out some forms at a kiosk about modeling and acting and such, so, we just decided to fill it out for the fun of it. About a month or so later, I received a phone call and was surprised it was a modeling agent. I had totally forgot about filling out the form by then, and was actually pretty happy about being contacted by them. I talked to the agent for a while, and wrote down the information for the interview that would happen about two weeks after receiving the phone call. My father and I went to the interview, we waited for our turn, and when we got to go have the interview, it was kind of quick and the agent was really nice. We ended up taking the offer of going to a modeling school, and my dad filled out all the paperwork, and I would get a phone call within the next few days to see if I had been one of the chosen out of all the many girls there. I got the phone call and was told that I was one of the girls that had been chosen from my area. I was excited and couldn't really believe it at first. I attended modeling classes for 6 months, and I had tons of fun, and learned a lot of new things. I met many people and gained friends, and my style changed a bit. I have always had issues with accepting my body for how it is, and my self confidence didn't really change much at all. I completed the course and felt really accomplished. A while after I completed the course, I started going to auditions, and felt pretty great since I was accepted every time I went to the audition and walked across to the people who held the audition.

After one audition that I missed, I decided that modeling just wasn't for me. I am the type of person who can be social, but, I hate confrontation. I realized that I just didn't always feel so great when I was in anything relating to modeling. I have always had low self esteem, and modeling just didn't make me feel better about myself. I am not thin or athletic looking, I have always felt like a marshmallow ever since after third grade. I am a very curvy person, and I still have quite a bit of a belly, and I have always been self conscious of it since I have had it since a young age, and I would either get teased for my weight, or generally be friend zoned by a lot of people, and rejected. In a way, I have always been ashamed for my weight, and only just recently have I started to accept my body for how it is. So, if you ever want to be in modeling, don't let little issues get in your way. Modeling can be a great thing for some people, it just wasn't for me.