Why Kim Kardashian Is Ruining The Image Of Self-Worth

Understand that our self-worth should be based on so much more than what we look like.

318
yakuzatattoogalery.blogspot.com

Kim Kardashian has successfully used her fame to amount to absolutely nothing while slowly destroying the image of positive self-worth. Somebody, anybody, please give me a list of accomplishments that don’t involve her body. Why does the image of success completely revolve around who’s wearing the least amount of clothing? Why do these celebrities teach us that we should find our self-worth through what we look like? Why isn’t there more talk and discussion about issues in life bigger than who has the best fake lips?

I want so badly for celebrities like Kim Kardashian to use the platform they are given to change the world. Where is the cry for #BlackLivesMatter? Where is the support on feminism? Where is the support against terrorist attacks? Where is the support on the fight against rape? Where is the support for the fight against cancer? Where is the help towards the starving non-profit organizations? We need to talk about issues such as violence, global warming, hate crimes, abuse, depression, anorexia, injustice, the homeless society, puppy mills, child slavery, and disease. That list doesn’t even begin to cover it. There are so many issues that celebrities need to speak out on. And lastly for you Kim Kardashian: Where is the stance on why we as women, amount to so much more than our bodies? Where is the stance against women attributing their self-worth to their reflection in the mirror? Why isn’t there a need to understand that our self-worth should be based on so much more than what we look like? It makes me sick to think that I live in a society that praises women's bodies more than praising well deserved and earned accomplishments.

Thank you, Ms. Chloe Grace Moretz:

Why isn't our self-worth brought from about the way we show love to the world? Why isn't our self-worth built off of our compassion for people and how we plan to make where we live a better place? Why is there this persistent pressure to be beautiful enough but hardly ever any pressure to stand up for what you believe in? How is it that somebody with enough media attention to change the world only speaks out for women by posting nudes online?

If I have a daughter I want her to know that she’s beautiful, but appearances fade and all you'll have at the age of 85 is your heart. I pray that she is wholesome, genuine, pure and kind. I pray that she finds what makes her beautiful not through what she looks like, but through the person she has created for herself. You don't build a house on wallpaper and irrelevant decorations, you build it from the ground up by laying down a foundation. This foundation should shape the person you want to be. If your worth is only built on something so temporary as wallpaper; it's bound to break. You don't build your self-worth off of the positive affirmations of others and the amount of Instagram likes you get. As women, we are taught that we can amount to so much less than what we are capable of. You are capable of changing the world. You have the ability to speak out on domestic violence, hate crimes, racism, rape, religion, education, placing worth only on your outer beauty, etc. You are so capable of being compassionate for such a broken world.

So there you have it. That is why I choose to dislike Kim Kardashian; not because of her lack of clothes but because of the inability she has to treasure anything else. I want so badly for celebrities to use the platform they have to change the world. So Kim K, I don’t believe you broke the internet; I believe you broke the idea of positive self worth and I think you should help build it back up again.