Why It's Better To Be Single In Summer

Well, we've made it through cuffing season, and summer is almost here. Once the sun comes out, it's as if we're a new person. We're soaking in the vitamin D and ready to enjoy all the season has to offer. Time to make way for the hot summer chaos that's headed our way and get ready for a time to remember.

Whether you've been single or are newly single, don't fear, because it's a scientific fact that summer is the best season to be single for... or at least it should be. Now some of you may be heading into the season with the mindset of finding a summer romance, well I'm here to tell you that having a Nicholas Sparks summer has officially been canceled. Tickets can be refunded.

Being "single as a pringle" is out and "single and ready to mingle" is in. Ladies and gentlemen, here are 10 reasons it's better to be single in the summer:

1. Less bullshit.

There is no one to stress about or argue with.

2. You can let your freak flag fly at summer events.

No need to worry about if you need to be on your best behavior.

3. No family holidays to mentally prepare for.

You get a break from the infamous, "So do you have a boyfriend/girlfriend?" question from your relatives. No Aunt Helen, I don't.

4. You have more money to spend on yourself.

No pricey date nights, table for one please!

5. You can do things on your own time.

Plan weekend events with your friends or go on that last minute road trip without having to let anyone know.

6. Say hello to casual hookups.

You can hookup with as many people as you want and guess what? You didn't cheat!

7. Single people are more out to play.

There are plenty of fish to choose from.

8. The sexual tension is off the charts.

Let's face it, hot weather = less clothing. Less clothing = increased sexual tension. Buckle up.

9. Summer is when you look and feel your best.

Working out for that summer body has paid off and the tan is real, what's more attractive than that?

10. Most importantly, you can focus on you.

There is nothing better than working on being the best version of you that you can be.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not against relationships and I'm not here to tell you that I refuse to be in a relationship in the summer, I'm simply embracing the fact that I'm single and I plan on enjoying every minute of it until someone comes along. That being said, I welcome all challengers.

They say summertime is a game-changer, it's a time where the term "it's all fun and games" really comes to play. So that being said, who's ready to play?

Follow Swoon on Instagram.