Why Is Saying Goodbye So Hard?

Why Is Saying Goodbye So Hard?

Remember when goodbyes only meant until tomorrow?

1932
Why Is Saying Goodbye So Hard?
Twitter

What is it, exactly, that makes saying goodbye so hard? At some point in our lives, for whatever reason, we will have to say goodbye to someone.

Saying goodbye to anyone seems to be so hard nowadays; whether it is someone that passed away, someone that doesn’t want to be in your life or someone you know shouldn’t be in your life anymore. Over the years, I have had to deal with all three of these situations; as I’m sure most of us have had to. A few were easier than others, but they all had a bit of sadness in the goodbyes.

Remember when goodbyes only meant until tomorrow? Growing up, about ninety-five percent of our goodbyes were always followed by another hello within the next few days. But as we grow up, we lose more people from our lives. It sucks when you aren’t sure if the next goodbye will be your last goodbye with that person, for any reason.

People always say, “Time heals all wounds.” But is this really true? Does time always make a goodbye easier? Sometimes, yes time might help, but not always. Sometimes it never gets easier, you just learn to deal with the pain.

Recently, I read a quote that said, “It may be hard for a while, but eventually you’re going to find the good in goodbye.” This quote made me think a little bit. If there really is good in goodbyes, then why are they so hard to say? There’s another quote that says, “Saying goodbye isn’t the hard part. The hard part is that the memories don’t just erase themselves.” What if we didn’t have as many good memories with the person, would it be an easier goodbye then or would it still be just as hard? Memories don’t leave you, just because the person has left your life. You might try to forget the memories, but deep down, they will always be there.

I advise everyone to always remind your loved ones how much they mean to you. I try to never go to bed mad because you never know what could happen the next day. You never know when your next goodbye might be your final goodbye.