- Carrying me around and letting me grow for 9 months
- Giving me a place to live
- Teaching me to walk
- Giving me food
- Making my lunch for school
- Helping me with homework
- Constant support
- Driving me around to places
- Buying me clothes
- Cooking dinner for the family
- Letting me try new things
- Helping me plan my future
- Letting us adopt a dog
- Being a positive role model
- Going to all my lacrosse games
- Going to all my dance competitions
- Willing to pay for all my dance
- Always capturing childhood memories
- The photo albums she used to make
- Doing laundry
- Sparking imagination
- Waking me up in the morning
- Saving money for me to go to college
- Letting me go to college.... wherever I want
- For letting me know that she will support me no matter what career path I'll take
- Paying attention to the things going on in my life
- Making sure I never go to sleep sad
- Always staying positive
- Telling me when I'm doing things wrong
- Telling me when I'm doing things right
- Teaching me how to be independent... kind of
- Trusting me
- The funny stories she has for me when she comes home from work
- Taking me to the doctor when I'm sick or just for a check up
- Ratting me out the doctor when I lie about eating healthy... guess she would like me to hear the lecture from someone else
- Having us live in a house that belongs to a good school district
- Exposing me to community service and helping others
- Teaching me that I shouldn't take what I have for granted
- Being proud of me for things that wouldn't matter to anyone else
- Always reminding me that family comes first and that she will always be there
- The hugs she gives me after a bad day
- Planning family vacations
- The carpools she used to take part in
- When she buys me frango mints on all the holidays
- She has the same sweet tooth as me
- Taking me to church every Sunday
- Not pushing religion on me
- She puts me and my sister before herself
- For being my best friend
Popular Right Now
This one isn't easy to sit down and write because nothing I could say would do all of you justice in the way that I would hope I could. These are just words, but I hope that I am able to always show my thank you to you by treating him like the prince he is.
I can replay the moment of meeting each and every one of you all over and over in my head like it was yesterday. I was so extremely nervous every single time and I was trying to gather all the "right" things to say that would leave a good, first-lasting impression and that at the end of the day, you all would like me.
I think one of the most important basis and hopes in my relationship is that my significant other's family likes who I am. This is so important to me because whatever is important to him is equally important to me and your thoughts of me are crucial to our relationship.
The second I walked in the door, I was overwhelmed—overwhelmed with such a love. I had no idea at that point in time just how much you would all mean to me and how thankful I am for all of you!
Thank you for constantly making me laugh and feel at home.
Whenever I'm coming over for a family gathering or just to hang out, I know right off that I am walking into a world of laughter and good times are right beside that. You are all so entertaining and always have a good story to tell me. I can't name one time where I didn't feel like I was home.
And I appreciate the sweet, embarrassing photos and stories about my boyfriend that you all share with me! Even if it is by a photo, I have a glimpse of what his life has always been like thanks to each and every one of you individually.
Thank you for sharing your special moments in life with me.
You don't ever have to, but you invite me anyway. Whether it's just a family gathering, a birthday, or a holiday, I am thankful to have spent those times celebrating these moments in life alongside such amazing people. It's humbling and heartwarming to be a part of memories so unforgettable that you all share and that you have welcomed me to be a part of. They are days that I will never forget and have a place in my heart forever.
Thank you for always being there for him.
Since we have started dating, I have watched the way that you guys love him. I have watched the individual relationships and moments that you share with him make a difference in who he is. I have seen you all love and support him, no matter what he was doing.
With everything that comes along in life, this has been a simple reminder of an unconditional, loving, sacrificing family that is also the best support system. You are not only impacting him, but me, too.
Thank you for welcoming me in like your own.
Whenever you have to brave up and meet your significant other's family, I can say, for myself, that I didn't know what to expect. As I'm sure, none of you did when meeting me. Today, I catch myself wondering why I even worried in the first place. You all have welcomed me in your own ways and made me feel right at home. It is not always easy to do that with just anyone, but you have all taken the time to get to know me. And now I know that if I ever needed anything, I can call one of you.
Thank you for letting me date him.
I am most thankful for this. Thank you for sharing him with me and giving me a chance to show you all how important he is to me. I never thought that I would luck out and meet someone as special, kind, and wonderful as he is, but I did.
You have supported our relationship, given me a chance to love him, and welcomed me to new adventures in love and family. I have the upmost gratitude for each of you. You are the most wonderful, welcoming, and loving family. I am overjoyed to be able to experience just a glimpse of this life with him and with all of you.
If you are one of the youngest members of your friend group, then you know just how it feels when everyone starts turning 21. Here are 5 things that only the babies of the friend group understand.
1. Always the DD
Once your friends start turning 21 and decide to go out, guess who gets to pick them up? That's right. You. The one that still isn't 21.
2. The mom
You may be the youngest, but when your friends come back from a good night out, you are the most responsible and mature one of the group. You are the one that has to take care of them.
3. Being left out of things
Well, if you aren't 21, you can't go to that cool bar that everyone else is talking about or on that wine tour.
4. Home alone on the weekend
While everyone else gets to go out and have fun on the weekend, you get to sit at home in your pajamas, watching TV. Sure this isn't a terrible thing, but when you are getting snapchats, and seeing your friends post about the fun they are having, you feel left out.
5. By the time you turn 21, your friends are over the hype.
You are finally 21 and you invite all of your friends. You are so excited, and they are excited for you, but after that night, you wanna go out and have fun, but your friends don't wanna go out as much because the hype of them turning 21 has faded.