Why Homecoming Is The Best

Why Homecoming Is The Best

My favorite week of the year.

3
Why Homecoming Is The Best
North Dakota State University

It's that time of year. I just got back from my sister's homecoming, and now it's time for mine. That means a whole week of fun activities, school spirit and long-standing traditions. Personally, homecoming is one of my favorite times of year, and here are a few reasons why:

1. The energy on campus

There's no more amazing week on campus than homecoming. Every day, there's something new and exciting to do: games and activities are everywhere. And you'll see the school spirit double. Everyone's decked out in green and gold here, and everyone's excited for their favorite parts of homecoming.

2. Seeing all of the old and new faces

It's always awesome to see so many people come out for the festivities. People from every graduating class of the school come back, and all the hopefuls who are lucky enough to be in the city this week and everyone in between flock to campus. You'll see every generation represented, and you can see old friends and make new ones.

3. The unity of the city

Festivities aren't limited to campus. I heard a radio ad yesterday that a local bar is holding their own version of homecoming court, and that's just one example of how all-out the town goes. Everyone's selling their best school gear, everyone's dressed in school colors and you can see the life and energy of the town increase. The city really comes alive.

4. Football

I'm a football fanatic, and there's no game better than homecoming for me. The tailgating is always the best, the student section is always full (and rowdier than ever) and the players are ready to put on their game faces for the packed house. The stadium gets louder and the stakes feel higher, because you don't lose on homecoming.

Enjoy the festivities, everyone! And feel free to comment what you love about homecoming.