Why Going Out Sober Isn't That Bad

Why Going Out Sober Isn't That Bad

The positives in being sober.

7
Why Going Out Sober Isn't That Bad

The weekend is the perfect time to relax, run errands, catch up on sleep, get work done, clean and overall, be productive. In college, it is difficult to be completely productive when students are going out so frequently. How is a student supposed to go out, study, clean, sleep, work, do homework and laundry all in the span of 48 hours? It seems nearly impossible to check off everything on your to do list. It may sound crazy, but it is a really great idea to go out sober every once in a while. For some people, this may sound like a nightmare, but it can overall lead to a more productive weekend. Here is how.

1. You will wake up refreshed.

There is nothing better than waking up and not being hungover.

2. You will catch up on sleep and / or sleep better.

A good night sleep is more than over due after a long week of homework and studying.

3. You will not be susceptible to the "rebound effect."

This effect results from the body's adjustment to the presence of alcohol during slumber in an effort to maintain a normal sleep pattern. Once alcohol is eliminated from the body, however, these adjustments result in sleep disruption.

4. You still get to hang out with your friends.

You won't get "fomo" because you'll be there at the party with them!

5. You will be more productive the next day.

6. You get to people watch.

Nothing better than people watching, and when everyone surrounding you is intoxicated, it makes things very interesting.

7. You will look better in pictures.

There is nothing worse than waking up the next morning and seeing yourself tagged in an Instagram photo and you look…horrible.

8. You won't be wasting calories away.

Let's face it, alcohol is a waste of calories and leads to serious weight gain and bloating. It is way more enjoyable to eat your calories than drink them!

9. You won't drunkenly eat a million snacks.

The worst part about going out is when your drunk mind gets hungry. If you're like me, then you probably eat everything and anything!

10. You will remember the entire night.

You will be able to recap your entire night and recap it for your friends too!

11. You won't get embarrassed about the things you drunkenly did.

The majority of the times you embarrass yourself is when you're drunk. By going out sober you will have better control of yourself and will be able to avoid these moments.