Why I Run

Why I Run

Reasons why I began running again

14
Why I Run
Google

Someone asked me yesterday why I liked running, and I couldn't really think of a good answer. Instead I simply said, "why not." I began running in high school, and I was not a natural runner. I had never run before, and it was really difficult to start. I was one of those kids that avoided running at all costs. When I started high school I decided to join the cross country team, and everyone was so much better than me. The coaches even had to pull me aside and train me differently than the rest of the team. By the time I graduated, I was a decent runner, but then I quit.

I would only run when I felt guilty about something I had just eaten, or I wanted to try out my new workout gear. For three years I hardly ran at all and I let my running shoes sit in my closet collecting dust. I realized a few weeks ago how much I really missed it and decided to start running again. I'm still not a very good runner, but I don't really need to be. I'm just running because I can.

Here are some reasons why I began running again:

• It makes me happy

• It relieves stress

• I feel better afterwards

• It helps me work out my problems

• I can explore new places

• I feel more confident about my body

• I can listen to some fun music while running

• I can eat more of the things I like

• I'm making friends who are also runners

• It gives me something to do

• It's fun

• Why not run?

I've really enjoyed getting back into running recently, and I think this time i'll stick with it. I've felt so much better and I have so much more energy now that i'm running again. I don't feel bad about eating pizza, and I feel more confident. Running has only been a positive experience for me, so why wouldn't I run?