As a kid, the first birthday wish I remember making happened to be the same as the next one, and the next, and every one after that. I can tell you what I kept wishing for now because it came true when I was 12 years old: my family got our first dog. I fell in love with that puppy the first time I held him and he has grown to be better than anything else I could have possibly wished for. There's no question as to why dogs are deemed man's best friend. My dog is mine.
1. I don't have a friend who is more loyal than my dog is to me.
2. Nobody else is as overjoyed to see me when I walk through the front door, regardless of how long I've been gone.
3. My dog only loves me, he doesn't judge, criticize, or hold grudges.
4. No one else wants to go everywhere with me. He's my favorite shotgun buddy and doesn't even mind my singing.
5. Dogs are possibly the cutest things in existence. Why wouldn't you want an adorable furry roommate?
6. He's one I don't mind sharing food with. We're chubby together, even though it looks cuter on him.
7. You can't be lonely when your dog always keeps you company.
8. They're the best to cuddle with.
9. Dogs are everlasting bubbles of happiness walking around with ever-waging tails; their happiness is contagious.
10. It's impossible to stay mad at them for long. With their relative innocence and adorable face it doesn't take long to forgive them for an occasional slip-up.
11. They don't let you down like humans can.
12. They're the best.
Of course we all have our faults and while theirs may be excessive shedding, squirrels and the occasional mess, their borderline obsession with us is their form of unconditional love which we can't find anywhere else. They're so invested in you; they don't care who you are or what you look like or how successful you are, they'll love you all the same every day. You're their whole life and they're one of the best parts of yours.