7 Reasons Dogs Are The Real MVPs

7 Reasons Dogs Are The Real MVPs

"Woof, I love you!"

49
7 Reasons Dogs Are The Real MVPs
Carli Siegel

There is no doubt that the world loves dogs. Dogs are some of the happiest, most loyal and loving creatures on the Earth. They come in all shapes, sizes and colors, but no matter what they look like, they are always there to lick your face and telepathically say "I love you, I love you, I love you!" In a survey taken by the U.S. Census Bureau, 74 percent of Americans preferred dogs over cats. I, personally, like both types of pets but it's very clear that dogs take the cake on wide-scale popularity. But some people make ask "Why? What makes that four legged, slobbery animal so great?" Well let me list off only a handful of the hundreds of reasons that dogs truly are the real MVP.

1. You will never be sad on their watch.

Dogs are known for the intense bond they form with their owners. You will become a dog's best friend the second you take them home. They soon grasp a great sense of who you are as a person and what your moods are. So, there is no doubt that they will know when you are sad. If you are having a bad day, they will smother you with happy dog kisses, bring you all of their favorite toys as offerings or just simply cuddle you so you know that you aren't alone. They love you with all their little hearts, and they will do anything to make sure you feel loved and have a smile on your face.

2. You will always have a pal to play outside with.

Dogs love the great outdoors, it is their natural habitat. If you are ever feeling like going on a run, walk or just lounging on the patio, they are always your go to partner so you're never alone. Your pup will frolic through the grass and dance around you like a little kid. The happiness in their eyes just from spending time with you in their favorite place is enough to make any adventure outside worth it.

3. No one will ever think you're as amazing as your dog does.

To your dog, you are the most beautiful and loving person on the entire planet. They will give you the most unconditional love and happiness that anyone could ever ask for. They look at you with such amazement and happiness, it's enough to make anyone feel good about themselves. Dogs are always there for that confidence boost and extra feeling of admiration. You are their pride and joy in life and they live for you.

4. Sleeping alone is no longer a problem.

For most people, there's nothing better than sleeping with the warmth of someone next to you. But if you don't have someone to cuddle up to, your dog is always there to snuggle and warm you up. Chances are, even if you are with someone else in your bed, your dog is doing everything in its power to be with you guys (most likely laying right on top of you). Dogs love a good cuddle and they will never disappoint.

5. You learn a sense of responsibility.

Having a dog isn't just having a furry friend to take pictures with and show to the world, it's putting another creatures life in your hands. You may have heard the saying "To you, a dog is only part of your life, but to them you are all they will ever have." And no quote about pets has ever been more true. You will learn what it is to have to be selfless, which is always a good lesson to learn. They rely on you with their whole heart, and you have to be there for them. And in the end, the love they give you back for being their care taker is the best reward ever.

6. Coming home automatically becomes 10 times more fun.

Yeah, coming home at the end of a long day is always gonna feel good. But everything gets a whole lot better when you have a wiggly, four-legged friend slobbering and smiling up at you as soon as you walk through your door. We have all seen videos of dogs greeting their returning soldier owners, or just greeting someone coming home from work. I can promise you, those videos are not rare occurrences. This will happen whether you are coming home from a 15-minute run to the store or a two week vacation.

7. Unlike people friends, they seemingly can't get mad at you.

People have tempers, and it's only natural for them to sometimes get annoyed with their friends. But dogs on the other hand, will never get annoyed with you. Even after you yell at them for ripping up your favorite pair of tennis shoes, they are right back at your side nudging your hand for a pat on the head. You will never feel like you aren't loved by your dog—they are gonna love you no matter what you do in life.