"Why Didn't You Just Keep Your Knees Together?"

Breaking news: someone has said something so stupid, that I needed to write an article to show people this is not okay.

67
patrikia.com

Hey guys! I'm back again for some roasting. My satire letter to Brock Turner was a huge way for me to get off my chest how I felt about the situation, so I'm back again to scrutinize the judge who, and I quote, stated the following to a rape victim "Why couldn't you keep your knees together"

Well....my oh my. Gee...she probably didn't even think of that! Ten years of university and law school and that's the best advice you come up with your Honor??? Wow. Please, enlighten me some more! Here's some advice I have, why don't you just keep your lips together and shut your mouth and never open it again?? Just a suggestion.

I have quite the feeling that you, Brock Turner and his father would be great friends. Up until I just read your horrific statement, I thought the Turner family was the lowest of the low, but congratulations!! You, your Honor, have managed to blow me away with some more complete, and utter stupidity. How could a human being who has a good job and education say something so offensive and inconsiderate? This is victim blaming at it's finest. Do you have a daughter, your Honor? Imagine your daughter coming home and telling you she was raped. Is the first thing you say to her "You probably should have just kept your knees together"? If so, I'm so sorry for your daughter.

I'm not sure if this was a poor (and I mean very poor) attempt at a joke or sarcasm, but wow, you have really failed. I keep thinking about your comment, "Why couldn't you keep your knees together?" I'm sure you really thought there was some logic there, but did you think even for just a second that it's quite difficult to keep your knees together when someone is FORCING them open?!! What's next? Should we make it a law that all girls keep staplers with them in case they're attacked so we can just staple our knees shut? Would that solve all our problems, your Honor?

You found the RAPIST of the crime not-guilty (probably another friend of Brock's) and gave him some great advice "I want you to tell your friends, your male friends, that they have to be far more gentle with women. They have to be far more patient. And they have to be very careful."

I think you left out the part where they shouldn't RAPE anybody. That would probably be an important one to mention too. As for the victim, you questioned her more about why she didn't "move her pelvis away from the sink" she was raped over....sorry I just dry heaved for a second thinking about how absurd you sound.

But wait, if you thought that was bad, it gets WORSE!! "Young women want to have sex, especially when they're drunk. Some sex, and pain, sometimes go together and that's not necessarily a bad thing." I swear I'm having an out-of-body experience as I write this. I'm watching myself furiously type away, and watching smoke blow out of my ears. But then I remembered something: this judge apologized! He apologized, which means everything is okay again, right?

For all those wondering, this is a picture of the judge. His name is Robin Camp and he's now on trial for this comment. My final thoughts?? Hey, Robin, "Why didn't you just keep your dumb mouth shut???"