Why I Chose Not To Vote

Why I Chose Not To Vote

I mean really... are these candidates seriously the best that America has to offer?

10
Why I Chose Not To Vote
kodegarment.com

DISCLAIMER: I am not for either candidate, so please do not 'categorize' me for or against either one. Also, hate or negative comments are not called for or necessary and they WILL be deleted. Thank you!

This past week has resulted in events happening that nobody could have predicted. People are becoming rude, discriminatory, and violent simply because 'their president won' or some 'did not get their way' when it came to the results.

I am here to tell you, everybody (and I mean everybody) needs to get. over. it.

All of the United States knows that neither one of the presidential candidates were up to par of what this country represents and we understand that. I mean were you going to choose between a sneaky, lying, scoundrel or a conceited, prejudiced, idiot? These were our choices people, and from the look of them: neither are qualified for the job. I mean honestly, is this what our country has come to? Are we not morally better than either one of them? It is sad that this is the best we think we can do and this is who we ended up with as our running presidential candidates.

Therefore, with that being said, I decided not to vote. These two are not what America stands for and choosing between these two is like asking me if I would rather jump into a pit of black widow spiders or a pit of anacondas. I mean seriously... what is worse here? I waited almost 20 years to finally be able to vote in a presidential election and I could not be more upset with my two choices. And for people that say "It is your civic duty to vote", alright, well it is also America's "civic duty" to pick qualified human beings who have the right tools for the job both educationally and morally... and look where that got us...

I am one that absolutely hates politics, but after this past week full of hate I just can not keep my mouth shut anymore. I believe this so called 'democracy' that America has is a false premise. I strongly believe that everything is already planned out, and even though the government likes to make us believe that we legally have a say in today's world, I believe that we do not because their plans are already intact for the future.

Even though people are upset or mad about the results of the election, it is nothing we can change now. I mean, if we would have started out with two completely different candidates then we would have never made it to be this big of a problem. This is how every situation in life is going to be: some people will get their way, and others will not. And that's that. That does not mean you cry about it and throw a fit and violently protest because you did not get your way. America is a better country than that, and if you do not believe that, then you must not take very much pride in the fact that you get to live in the best country in the world.

It saddens me to see flags being burned and people being called names whether it is about their race, religion, gender, sexual preference, ethnicity, or whatever else. First and foremost, veterans fought for the right to give you the opportunity to proudly support that flag, so how dare you BURN it? Second, everybody is different. Look around you, nobody is the same and it is time to realize that. That is what makes America so special and people should not feel morally right after they criticize somebody based on those characteristics, and if you do, shame on you.

Not to mention the fact that I am tired of people 'categorizing' people. "Oh, you voted for Trump, wow you are definitely a racist" or "You voted for Hillary? You stupid liberal.. do you know what you have now done?" STOP WITH THE STEREOTYPES AND CATEGORIZATION PEOPLE. It is rude nonetheless, and it hurts people's feelings. Just because somebody voted for Trump, does NOT mean they are a racist or that they do not support LGBTQ issues and just because somebody voted for Hillary does not mean they are a stupid liberal. You people are crazy and some of the words you come up with to diss other people are disgusting. It saddens me that I live in a world full of such hate and disgust for others who are not exactly like you. The only way to stop the hate is to stop all the prude comments and violence all together. You do not fight fire with fire and that is exactly what conservatives and liberals are doing. That gets you nowhere but more room to complain that 'the world will never change'. Well newsflash, the world is only full of so much hate because you people keep fueling the fire. Just let it go.

Bottom line - it is time to suck it up. Not for the Hillary voters, but for America in general. Protests can only do so much, and once they turn violent, then you have completely changed the whole reason you were doing the protest anyways. Because once it gets violent, nobody is going to want to hear what you have to say anymore, I promise you that. Their only focus will be that it turned violent, and people will hold that against you. In order to actually see change, we have to be the ones to represent change. America needs to get their act together and realize that this is the real world--and in the real world, you do not get your way every single time, and that is okay. But tomorrow is a new day and a new day brings so much opportunity to work towards the betterment of everyone.