Why Cheerleading Is Definitely Not A Sport

And five, six, seven, eight!
15535

If you've ever participated in cheerleading, you're all too familiar with how "easy" and "pointless" it is. After all, any activity where skirts, pom-poms, glitter and bows are utilized surely can't count as a sport, right? Let's take a look at all of the reasons why cheerleading is definitely not a sport.

1. Tumbling is effortless.

Tumbling is honestly so easy that you could do it in your sleep. It clearly doesn't take years and years of practice.

2. Stunting is not a skill.

Yeah, stunting takes zero talent whatsoever. I'm sure these cheerleaders don't spend hours every single day working on their flexibility.

3. Injuries never happen in cheerleading.

Because cheerleading is so easy, you really don't have to worry about potentially getting concussions, breaking bones, or even becoming paralyzed.

4. Cheerleaders aren't athletes.

Cheerleaders have no reason to be strong, fast, or flexible at all. You simply go out on the field, smile, and twirl around.

5. There are no male cheerleaders, and it's only for females.

Men aren't able to tumble, stunt, or jump. Having them on a cheerleading team would be nonsense.

6. Cheerleading doesn't create a sense of teamwork or bonding.

I mean, these people aren't actually best friends. It's not like they save each other's lives every time they toss someone up 15 feet into the air.

Based on these very true facts listed above, you really can't call cheerleading a sport. It just doesn't take as much hard work, patience, determination and teamwork as all of the real sports out there in the world. When will those crazy cheerleaders learn?