Why I Cannot Support Donald Trump

Why I Cannot Support Donald Trump

I'm the daughter of an immigrant and I cannot support Donald Trump.

46

I thought it was obvious why I could/would never support a bigot, xenophobe, racist (yeah, I said it *Rihanna voice*) like Donald Trump. However, individuals are pushing back and demanding solid reasons. With that being said, here are just a couple of reasons why I cannot and will not ever support Donald Trump.

1. I'm not an elderly white male who benefits from a system of white supremacy.

The woman depicted in the picture above (far left) is my beautiful mother. She immigrated to the United States from the Dominican Republic at a young age. She worked her ass off upon arrival. Ultimately, my mother earned a college degree and started her own business. Today, she is able to sustain a family of 6 individuals all on her own. She's incredibly successful. How does that relate to Trump? It has everything to do with Trump who has generalized Latin American immigrants as drug abusers, criminals, and rapists. My mom is a kick ass woman who has never engaged in drug abuse or crime. Also, I know she's not the only Latin American immigrant who came to the United States and worked her ass off to better herself. I cannot support a presidential candidate who refuses to acknowledge the beauty (yes, beauty) of immigration. Also, using immigrants as a scapegoat for his election is beyond wrong. Is illegal immigration really the biggest problem that Americans are facing? I think not. Why is the Canadian border not a concern to Trump? Convenient racism. As the daughter of an immigrant mother, I cannot support Trump.

2. Also, I don't benefit from blatant misogyny.

Disclaimer for the uneducated and unaware: Misogyny is defined as "dislike of, contempt for, or ingrained prejudice against women."

...

Trump on women:

"26,000 unreported sexual assults in the military-only 238 convictions. What did these geniuses expect when they put men & women together?"

...

“You know, it doesn’t really matter what [the media] write as long as you’ve got a young and beautiful piece of ass.”

...

"If Hilary Clinton can't satisfy her husband what makes her think she can satisfy America?"

...

Again, I'm amazed why I even have to explain how wrong this is. The first quote implies that rape is the result of the close confinement of men and women. Wrong. Rape is about power. Second, it's 2016 and women are not accessories for women. And lastly, I don't remember Bill Clinton ever being questioned about his ability to satisfy his wife. However, it's okay for Trump to attack Clinton with this petty comment? It's not okay at all actually. How can I (or anyone else for that matter) support an individual who thinks of half of the U.S. population as individuals deserving of sexual violence (refer to comment 1). Additionally, he's implied that the value of a woman lies in her ability to present an appealing product aka "a beautiful peace of ass." I value my place in the United States. This place includes respect, acknowledgement, and dignity. Trump has done everything in his power to neglect women of these core principles. I'm disgusted by his success and I cannot back him.

There are many many more reasons why I cannot support Donald Trump. I'll briefly list them below and hope (maybe even pray) that individuals understand them.

3. Donald Trump has expressed interest in banning individuals of the Islamic faith from the United States. This violates a core American principle, secularism.

4. He is RACIST. RACIST. RACIST. Recently, Trump spoke out regarding the judge presiding in one of his many lawsuits. He remarked that the judge was incapable of ruling in the case because of his Mexican heritage. (Implying that an individual cannot perform their job because of a racial or ethnic background is inherently racist.) Again, RACIST. Our country contains 37% individuals of color.

5. He's an awful businessman. He's gone bankrupt four times.

6. Our allies disapprove of Trump. For example, the UK has actually discussed banning Donald Trump from the country. This is awful for diplomacy, obviously.

7. Trump makes fun of the disabled. Seriously, how much lower can you go?

8. Donald Trump cannot read. Okay, just kidding. He can read, selectively.

This list is incredibly brief and was quite easy to compile. I'd argue that it'd be much harder to compile a list on why Trump should be president. Trump ought to do the Republican Party a favor and step down. He has absolutely no place running for president. It's sad that he's been so successful. It's indicative of an America that is more sexist and racist than I could've ever thought.