Why Best Friends Are So Important

Why Best Friends Are So Important

True best friends are forever.

108
Why Best Friends Are So Important
rebloggy

There are very few people more important in life than your best friend. They're the people that actually choose to hang out with you. They help you and support you and you would be completely lost without them. A true best friend can be hard to find, so those of us that have them should acknowledge just how important they really are. So, what's so great about having a best friend?

Best friends understand you.

They get you. They know how to tell which "I'm okay" means that you're actually okay and which one is a secret cry for help. They know what you're trying to say when the words just won't come out right and you can even communicate with each other using just a look.

They listen to your problems.

Best friends are there to listen to all of your daily drama. The boy that won't text you back, the girl in class that was being rude to you, the teacher that assigned another paper this week, the car that cut you off this morning, your BFF hears about all of it. Sure, she might get tired of hearing it every now and then but you listen to her problems too so it all evens out.

You have someone to hang out with.

A little alone time to watch Netflix is great, but nothing beats hanging out with your friends. It doesn't matter whether you go out somewhere or stay in and watch movies or whatever, it's always a blast when you're with your besties.

They look out for you and call you out when you're about to do something stupid.

Everyone makes mistakes and everyone makes the wrong decision sometimes. Your best friend will try to make sure those bad decisions are kept to a minimum. If she sees that you're about to do something stupid, she's going to tell you that you're being stupid and try to talk you out of it. This can be annoying, but she's just looking out for you. Your best friend has your best interest at heart.

They're always there when you do the stupid thing anyway.

Yes, she told you from the beginning that the guy was a total jerk. You knew she was right deep down but he was just so darn cute that you didn't listen. And now here you are with your heart broken. But is your bestfriend saying "I told you so" and laughing at your pain? No, she's letting you cry on her shoulder and telling you that you deserve better. Because she wanted to be wrong about him, she was just trying to protect you from the pain you feel now.

You can trust them.

Everyone has secrets. Whether it's a big secret or a small one, you can trust you best friend to keep it. She's not going to go tell everyone your business. She couldn't even if she wanted to because you know all of her secrets too.

You'll have bridesmaids for your wedding.

Who wants to be the girl with no friends that has to find fourth cousins that they haven't talked to in five years to be in their wedding? No one. I'm not married and I don't even have boyfriend at the moment but I'm already super excited to do wedding things with my best friends. You need your girls there through the important things in life.

They stick by you through the lows in life.

I mean the real lows. Your best friend is there to do whatever she can to help when the big stuff happens. Whether it's your parents getting a divorce, the death of someone close to you, your boyfriend of many years cheating on you, whatever it is. Your best friend will help you pick up the pieces and try to make you feel better anyway she can.

You can tell them how you really feel.

When your best friend is doing something that upsets you or just gets on your nerves, you can tell them. Yes, this might lead to a fight from time to time, but your friendship is strong enough to handle it. Real best friends argue every now and then. You don't always see eye to eye, but that's okay. You don't always have to agree but you can always be yourself with them.