Why Audrey Hepburn Is The Perfect Role Model

"For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone."

1767
www.signaturehotelliverpool.co.uk

Audrey Hepburn, mostly known for her prominent roles in "Breakfast at Tiffany's" and "Roman Holiday" was much more than an exceptional actress. Most people would describe Hepburn as beautiful or stylish, (which she is) but when I think of her, I think of a strong, classic woman and a phenomenal role model. Even though she is gone, her character has carried on to the next generation. Here are just a few reasons why everyone should look up to Audrey Hepburn.

She was a humanitarian

Hepburn was a charming person inside and out with a huge heart. She took advantage of her fame through educating the public about the suffering children in other countries. She was devoted to The United Nations Children's Fund and went on several mission trips. After her mission trips, she informed the media about what the cause stood for and the devastating things that were going on all over the world. Helping people was her passion, so it was only fitting that after she passed away, the Audrey Hepburn's Children's Fund was created to honor her name and continue her work.

She was classy and elegant

It seems as if almost every role model now has some sort of gimmick. Why are we looking up to figures like the Kardashians when we can be idolizing someone with honest intentions and grace. She was tasteful and therefore very well respected, her legacy proves that sophistication last longer than sex appeal.

She is still a fashion icon

Audrey had a timeless look and could make the most simple outfits seem extravagant. She made a statement to everyone when she first appeared on the big screen, with her laid back style, it made it easier for the average woman to mimic the trend. She set her own rules when it came to fashion and broke the mold of the stereotypical "bombshell" in the 1950s. It may seem silly, but she even set a new bar in the eyebrow game with her bold brows. She popped up in all of the famous fashion magazines and has permanently left her mark on the industry.

She was confident, yet humble

"I don't have sex appeal and I know it. As a matter of fact, I think I'm rather funny looking. My teeth are funny, for one thing, and I have none of the attributes usually required for a movie queen, including the shapeliness," said by Audrey Hepburn. I am not quite sure what mirror she was staring into when she was talking about herself, but even though she is gorgeous, she was never boastful.

She followed her dreams

Despite going through hardships as a child, she always believed in achieving her dreams, big or small. She worked hard to make a comfortable life for herself and her children, so they would never have to go through the misfortunes she did. Her early life was filled with sorrow but she moved past that and became an iconic figure for all ages to look up to.

What I would have done to meet such a fierce women.