why am i always bored

No, You Aren't Bored, You Just Aren't Experiencing Life

Be productive and watch the laziness melt away...you'll thank me later!

168

I remember the days when kids asked for wonder balls and got roller skates for Christmas. The days where imagination wasn't filtered through a screen using augmented reality. When you couldn't say that you were bored and someone throws a tablet in your face to keep you "entertained." We don't need to give the generation after us the appeal of doing nothing simply because of boredom.

Get up and get out.

There is SO much stuff to do in this world. There is always something to do. You are given 24 hours every day to do something other than nothing. Reap what you sow. If you do nothing it will yield nothing. Go to an aquarium and learn about marine life and what you can do to help the plastic epidemic. To conduct a research on why your Mom's cooking is so slapping good. Find friends that are completely different from the ones that you have and meet someone new. Do some yoga. Take a trip to Grandma's house for a little loving, cause Lord knows we all need it. Make some memories with a lot of laughs, smiles, and inside jokes that you are going to annoy people within conversations. Just don't ever say you are bored.

Life is full of wonderful endeavors and the beauty of it is that you don't have to get it all done in one day. We are blessed beyond measure to be given day after day to explore the world around us. We are given the opportunity to meet new faces and big hearts. We have the ability to bring about change in our communities by staying active and not bashing where we come from but embracing it. It is our responsibility to ourselves to show that we can do better than the generation before us. We don't need to be "Millennial's: We didn't care."

Cause doing nothing and being bored is the same as not caring. If you are bored doing something that you shouldn't be doing it anymore. Go do something else that is fun and new to you. Go outside your comfort zone. Stop limiting yourself. In all actuality, it is a small world. Your next adventure is nothing but a step forward away.

I promise you will thank yourself in the end for stepping away from the digital world and smelling the roses outside instead.

This is a message from the Board of the Trustees of the Council of Excitement.