Why Adopting A Cat Is A Great Decision For Anyone

When it comes to cats. giving them food, attention and endless cuddles is sometimes good enough.

6

Adopting an animal is a huge decision for anyone. When it comes to making sure that you can care for this animal and take care of him/her for their entire life. But sometimes it isn’t that hard, especially when you look at all of the positives of getting an animal.

Adopt don’t shop

Not only is getting a cat a great decision, but if you adopt you are supporting your local animal shelter. Approximately 3.2 million cats are brought into shelters every year and deciding to adopt instead of shopping for cats can benefit not only your community but the cat as well.

They’re Independent

Cats are normally independent, which is great for people in the workplace, school and people who are generally gone for most parts of the day.

They’ll make sure you feel loved

Even though cats are independent, they still love cuddles and attention. Especially for college students who need company and like having someone around all the time. Cats are the #1 way to go when you’re looking for a warm and fuzzy snuggle.

They’re low maintenance

Especially when it comes to other animals, needing walks, baths, constant attention. Cats can actually clean themselves and spend roughly 14-16 hours doing so. Basically it’s a win win situation for you.

You won't have to get up in the middle of the night to take them to the bathroom

In addition to cats being very easy, cats typically know how to use a litter box. Its as simple as setting up the litter box, showing them it and forgetting any teaching skills that you’ve googled to train your cat to actually use the litter box.

They’ll protect you…from mice

Especially for me, I hate mice, rats and little bugs in general. Cats are very high skilled hunters and if anything crosses their trail, they’ll make sure that you wont see it again. (Thanks to all the laser pointer training you gave them)!

They’ll make you laugh every single day

Cats are well… not the smartest all the time. Maybe it’s the fact they think they actually do have 7 lives or that they’re just dare devils. Spending hours racing around the house, attempting to jump on counters that are way out of distance for them and pushing over everything they can from your dresser.

You love to nap? They love to nap.

Cats typically spend 15 hours a day sleeping. Maybe your friends or significant other will make you feel guilty for constantly napping, but your cat definitely wont. You’ll probably find him/her cuddled up right next to you by the time that you wake up.

You are saving this cat, but they are also saving you

Having a pet has been attributed to significantly lowering blood pressure as well as the risk of heart disease. Plus, even just playing with a cat for a couple minutes has been shown to release ‘feel good’ endorphins in the brain.

Cats are hands down, just awesome.

A cat is one of the most popular animals in the typical American household. They’re dependable, loving, easy companions that make you super happy and also healthy. What more could you ask for?