Who's pumped for PUPPY BOWL XIII?

Who's pumped for PUPPY BOWL XIII?

Football just got a whole lot cuter.

13
Who's pumped for PUPPY BOWL XIII?
Rolling Stone

The Super Bowl, or as I like to call it, the football season finale, is coming up this weekend. It's supposed to be a really important episode or something.

Football, yes..... the one where they run back and forth in between all those hilarious commercials.

Of course, that's what SOME people prefer to watch. To each their own, right?

What the real sports fans will be watching is the famous Puppy Bowl XIII

Puppy Bowl is just about the greatest sporting event in history. Here's how it works:

Puppy Bowl has been live on Animal Planet at the same time as the Super Bowl for the last twelve years. But only for the last two did they decide that maybe there should be a team system.

So, we have Team Ruff, donning green bandannas with yellow crossbones. These pooches have held the championship title for the last two years. They always have an amazing drafting, getting puppies from 10-22 weeks old from shelters across the nation.

Then we have Team Fluff, wearing yellow bandannas with a green paw print. These feisty lil puppers always play their hardest with a strong sense of pack mentality, always bitter rivals with Team Ruff. You can view the starting lineup for each team here.

The rules are simple: the pups are put onto a 20 x 10" arena with a variety of dog toys. If a toy gets into the end zone, TOUCHDOWN! Any toy from any pup in any end field counts as a point. The pupper that single-pawedly scores the most points becomes that year's MVP (Most Valuable Puppy).

But its not just puppies getting the spotlight! There's also a kitty half time show, and bunny/guinea pig/chicken cheerleaders! Pepper, a famed parrot, sings the National Anthem to kick off the game.

This event is treated every inch a sport, including a pregame show that features expert opinions on top MVP, highlights from previous years, play of the day, team rosters, field analysis, instant replay, field report, and much more. There's even a referee on the field to announce touchdowns and take out any pups that violate a rule, like no biting or peeing.

It's important to know that all the animals featured in the show are available for adoption. The game is meant to encourage adoption from local shelters and rescues, and the fame of Puppy Bowl Champion would bring a lot of attention to the orphaned animals. You can learn more about bringing home a new family member here

Bunches of lil puppers running around with toys with expert analysis in a professional setting. What could be better!