Who Else Is EXCITED To Be Walking Into 2018 Single?

I'm too busy loving myself. Sorry not sorry.

118
Personal Photo

As the new year rings in, we all see Facebook and Instagram posts about going into 2018 single - but is it really a bad thing?

I’ve been single for quite some time now and I haven’t been this happy in a while. When you are in a relationship it’s fun but you are constantly concerned about the other person’s needs and wants to the point where you sometimes forget about your own.

Being single is the best thing that has ever happened and here are a few reasons why:

You discover more about yourself

Sometimes in relationships, you are not able to discover a whole lot about yourself. When my last relationship ended, I needed some way to cope. Some of the things that were helping me cope with the breakups ended up opening doors for me that I never knew could open. For instance, writing was one the biggest things that helped me cope. Now writing isn’t just my therapy, but it’s a hobby of mine and I love it!

You will love yourself like never before!

One thing that I really got into after my breakup was starting to love my body. I really got into exercising and eating right and overall just taking care of myself mentally, physically, and emotionally. I started to discover my own makeup and fashion sense which was really exciting for me because I never got to discover any of that when I was in a relationship with someone.

You gain more independence

Being independent is my favorite part of being single! Being able to take on an adult life of your own without any other worries but yourself is an amazing feeling! I love the feeling of being independent and taking care of myself. I know on a certain level it does sound selfish, but I promise it’s okay to be selfish sometimes. You need to make sure that you are putting your happiness first and allowing yourself the self love that you deserve.

Yes I am walking into 2018 single and that’s ok because I’m too busy loving myself for now. Sorry not sorry.