While I Was Away...

Wow. This is weird. A good weird though. This summer has been absolutely crazy and it honestly feels really good to be back here writing for you guys. I feel like this summer has just started but here I am, in the middle of packing to get back into my old routine. Here's an update on my life that I have been a little self conscious to write about and to share with all of you but after reading through my last post...I thought 'Why not'.

I'm transferring colleges! I know, it's kinda scary and on some cases, it's kinda ridiculous. If I'm being honest here, it feels like I'm redoing my freshman year of college and that feels super weird and out of place. It also feels kinda sad. Here I am, having wasted a whole year at a college that didn't help me grow the way that I had wanted and now I feel as if I don't have anytime at this amazing, wonderful, and beautiful college that I will be attending this coming fall.

When I was in the midst of deciding whether or not I wanted to transfer or not, I was talking to a number of people to help get their advice. One girl, a close friend of mine from youth group, told me something that I have kept with me and will continue to do so in order to keep me sane. She said that one day, I am going to grow up and get married and have kids and live a wonderful life. She told me that I am going to look back on all of this and think that none of this (where I went to school, why I was so upset, etc.) is not going to matter. You are going to be living the life that you want to live someday. You will forget about all of that when you are working for that someday.

Since then, I have been telling these words to upcoming high school seniors and the college freshman that don't really feel like they know their place in this world yet. It's okay to not know right now. You are going to figure that out. I know that it might seem like the world's biggest decision right now but I promise you. One day, you are going to look back on these times and think that none of this really mattered. If it got you to where you wanted, then there's no need to stress.

I know that it wasn't much but it's a start to new year. I'm glad to be back writing and sharing my life and my words.

Much Love Always. -Addison.