11 Places To Get Free Condoms

I'm the sexual health educator on campus and a major component of my job is to — you guessed it — hand out condoms. I'm the girl with no shame walking around screaming, "You get a condom! You get a condom! Want a free condom? Here's a handful of 'em!"

Even though condoms aren't expensive, we are broke college students and our sexual health should be of top importance. No glove, no love. Don't forget it because you don't want to regret not using one.

Condoms and other forms of birth control are an essential part of safe sex and there's no shame in looking out for ourselves.

Here are 11 ways to get yourself some free contraceptives.

Student Health Services

Don't be shy to drop by your college's student health services. They are there to help you!

A local Planned Parenthood

It never hurt to locate the Planned Parenthood near you.

Campus res and your RA

During my Freshman year, someone stole the entire box of condoms from my RA and we had signs everywhere looking for the "condom thief" — can't make this up.

Your OBGYN

Talk to your OBGYN about other options for safe sex, like female condoms, birth control pills, and an IUD .

By mail

Thanks to the Condom Access Project, you can order condoms for free and they will conveniently be delivered to your home. Make sure to do this in advance so you're not empty-handed when you need it the most.

Grab some samples

This won't work for your casual Trojan, but if you want to try a fun glow in the dark or a strawberry-flavored condom, contact the company and they may send samples. What a fun way to spice things up!

Your local health clinic

If there aren't any Planned Parenthoods near you, check out what health clinics are around.

Go bar hopping

Bars — especially LGBTQ bars — often give condoms out for free. If you don't see a bowl in the bathrooms or out and about, ask a bartender or staff member.

Your state may have a program 

Some states, like New York and Ohio, have a condom and sexual education initiative designed to help distribute free condoms to the population.

Your doctor's office

If you don't see an OBGYN, other doctors will be more than happy to make sure you're safe.

Ask a friend

But beware, has it expired? Where did he keep it? In what condition is the condom in? If it's leaking lube from the wrapper, do me a favor and throw it away.

Follow Swoon on Instagram.