Dear Ex-Best Friend

Dear Ex-Best Friend

Who knew we'd end up like this?

23
Dear Ex-Best Friend
Gossip Girl

Dear Ex-Best Friend,

We were Serena and Blair, Meredith Grey and Cristina Yang and Elena Gilbert and Bonnie Bennett. We were those best friends who would stay up until the crack of dawn laughing about random sh*t, prank calling our high school crushes, staying up on the phone on those nights you can't sleep, coordinating our outfits and so much more. I will always cherish those unforgettable memories, but I'm never looking back. You manipulate others and I to do your dirty work and that isn't a true best friend. For that, I am forever grateful I learned from our friendship. Thus, I believe that everything people go through has a purpose for us as individuals to grow from, whatever that might be.

You were the one I counted on for everything and anything. You used to be a phone call away and a walk down the block. You were supposed to have my back and to never judge. You were supposed to keep my secrets and to never tell. You were supposed to stick up for me when I didn't know how to stick up for myself. We were supposed to be 'best friends' but the next thing I knew we went our separate ways. Who would've seen that coming? I wouldn't have.

Our friendship has had many ups and downs, but that's life. And even though we're not friends anymore, I still want to thank you. Thank you for showing me the following: people will manipulate you, lie to you, hurt you and stab you in the back when you're not looking. You showed me all of that, and even though we're on opposite sides on the world, I will never hate you. You were my best friend and that will always mean something to me. I will always have your back and I will always believe that you have good intentions, even if you don't do the same for me.

I hope you're doing everything you ever wanted to do; living your life to the fullest, and making it meaningful. I really do wish you the best. I hope you've found someone new to call your best friend.

“Maybe some people just aren't meant to be in our lives forever. Maybe some people are just passing through. It's like some people just come through our lives to bring us something: a gift, a blessing, a lesson we need to learn. And that's why they're here. You'll have that gift forever.”—Danielle Steel

Love Always,

Your Ex-Best Friend