5 Things That Come With Loving A Police Officer

Not everyone can handle loving a police officer, but if you do you know how true these things are.

2586
Taylor Glowacki

When you love someone in uniform, specifically one who wears a police uniform, there are many things that become all too common. Whether it be your mom, dad, sister, brother, boyfriend, girlfriend, wife or husband ... all of the things I am about to mention, we all know too well. Many of these things are things that most people don't have to worry or think about, but for those of us who love a police officer, these things are all way too common. Even just writing this article makes me worry about my police officer, and I’m sure some of y’all are thinking the same. So to everyone reading this, may your officers come home safe tonight!

1. You worry like crazy

Being a police officer is far from an easy job — in fact, it's insanely dangerous. You never know what your loved one is going to encounter on any given day. You don’t know if they're going to come in contact with a shooter, be called to a child abuse incident or chase a highly dangerous criminal. Every time hug them goodbye as they walk out the door for another shift, you’re constantly thinking in the back of your mind that there is a chance that they may not come back to you. Since this is the case, you never forget to remind them how much you love them, and how much they mean to you; you never know what the day is going to bring them.

2. Plans are never set, and constantly changed

Criminals don’t take days off, and therefore neither does your police officer. Even when they are off, they are most likely on call. They don’t always get holidays and birthdays off, and they are most likely will miss family events. Even if you set plans in stone, there’s still a likelihood of them getting called away from you.

3. You will always have a safe feeling

When you get scared, when there’s reports of a break in at the neighbors or when there’s a tree hitting your window, you will always have a safe feeling knowing that you have a police officer near by. Plus, they generally are pretty good with a weapon. Nothing beats that feeling.

4. You can recite the Miranda Rights, and you know Police Code

Sure, everyone knows the Miranda Rights, but not many know how to understand police code. When you love a police officer, you become used to hearing the police code and can easily pick up on the type of call, or be able to understand what dispatch is saying. On top of that, you get lots of questions about stuff being legal, and you generally know the answer.

5. When someone insults police officers, you become defensive

In this day and age, when someone insults police officers you become extremely defensive of not only your police officer, but all police officers. You don’t like hearing rude remarks or insults. Police officers put their lives on the line to protect us, and one of those officers belongs to you. You are not going to let someone talk like that in front of you.