When You Have A Lot To Say But Feel Unheard

Have you ever been in a big group of people and tried to make an effort and add to a conversation, only to have everyone ignore you? When it happens a lot, you start to feel like nobody will ever pay attention to you. It's rough when you have a lot to say, but don't feel like anyone will listen. You even start to wonder, "maybe what I am saying isn't worth it."

I was really upset about this exact problem a few years ago, so I started praying to Jesus about it. Then, a revelation hit me. Jesus is always listening. When I felt like I was alone and nobody cared what I had to say, Jesus always gave me that peace to keep pushing forward. I did learn something during this time though, when I had something to say and no one heard me, I started writing. Now, I prefer writing my emotions than venting them aloud. (Try it, it's fun.)

From my experience, I learned to always pay attention to every person in conversation. When it happens to someone and you notice, you can always see their face drop. It is heartbreaking. This is my challenge to you: be the person to listen to them. If nobody else pays attention to them, turn to them and ask them, "what did you say?" with a smile. Make sure everyone you know feels important. It's important that people realize they have a vital spot in this world. You want to see peace in this world? Be peace.