When You Give A Girl An Allison

When You Give A Girl An Allison

You're giving her a life full of unconditional love.
6

I didn't want to title this blog post, 'When You Give A Girl A Mother' because we've all seen that title... And it makes it so generic. I wanted to title this 'When You Give A Girl An Allison', to showcase what exactly it means to have Allison Harre as a mother.

When you give a girl an Allison, you're giving her a best friend. A best friend who no matter the mistakes you make, or the things that come out of your mouth when your filter goes MIA, she still stands right beside you. Even when you talk too much, she may be annoyed, but never embarrassed. She's a best friend that isn't afraid to tell you the truth, even when it's hard. Though Allison doesn't only tell you the truth, then leave you there to figure it out on your own. She tells you what you need to hear, and works with you to figure out where to go from there. When you give a girl an Allison, she never has to worry about taking on the world alone.

When you give a girl an Allison, you're giving her a superhero. While Allison may believe she, 'majored in History for a reason'.. There is nothing she can't do. When you find yourself at your lowest point, crippled in extreme fear and pain, she comes to your rescue. She never had training in nursing, but that doesn't stop her. Allison will do whatever she can and learn whatever she has to until you are up and walking again; even if that means sticking gauze in a giant hole in your leg from a brown recluse bite. When you give a girl an Allison, you're giving her a fearless Superhero.

When you give a girl an Allison, you're giving her a role model. A role model in life, love and most of all parenting. You're giving her a living, breathing step-by-step tutorial of 'How to Be An Amazing Mother'. She knows when it comes time for her to be a mother to her own child, she'll at least be a decent mother because she has seen Allison for 23 years teach her how to succeed at being a Mom.

When you give a girl an Allison, you're giving her kids a best, best friend. As much as Allison has been a best friend to you, somehow she manages to be an even better best friend for her grandchildren. She radiates compassion, and watching your kids gravitate towards it is not only rewarding but a rather telling justification that when you give a girl an Allison, you really did give her and her future kids a Superhero. You gave them a protector. You gave them a best friend. A role model. The closest thing to a living Saint. You gave them endless laughs. A shoulder to cry on. A pair of the strongest arms to help pick you up from what seems to be rock bottom. A cheerleader. A nurse. A teacher. You gave them everything they need to be successful in the form of a beautiful, selfless mother.

When you give a girl an Allison, she will be successful.. Because to her, success is so much more than money. Success is raising a healthy, loving, respectful, God-fearing family. Success is managing to exude compassion and patience even when it seems as though your world around you is crashing and everything is going wrong.

Allison is the epitome of success, and after being raised by a successful woman, she has no choice but to be a success of her own; when you give a girl an Allison.

Happy Mothers Day, Mom. Thanks for being my Allison.