When You Can't Take The Pain Anymore

When You Can't Take The Pain Anymore

When do you step in?

685
When You Can't Take The Pain Anymore

Dear boy that needs to make up his mind,

I want to tell you that I am tired and annoyed with your tendencies. I love my friend with all my heart. I love her to the point I would even stop talking to her, let her go on her own and make mistakes. Right now, at this moment, we are not on the same page on how we see life and the way to live it. To be quite honest, I look at you for that reason.

I believe there is a person for everyone, no matter how big of a jerk you are or how much of a player or flirt you are. I feel like that is all okay, because like I said, when a person gets you they get you.

We have been friends for so long to the point I couldn’t be friends with her because she knows just way too much (like typical best friends). However, I am sure you already understand that. I am not here to write to you about that. I am here to tell you stop wasting her time.

I understand what it feels like to be in college, have fun, meet people, potential people that you would want to date. But there comes a time when you need to stop messing with people’s feelings. And that is what you are doing. You can’t tell her you don’t see yourself with her, then two minutes later, go make out every weekend. That’s not right. You can’t say cute things, plan dates or meet her parents; yet still have that idea in your mind that you can’t see a relationship in the end. That, my friend, is called stringing her along and playing with emotions. And that is what you are doing.

I can count so many times when I have been there to help her, to lift her up, to call her out on her actions and make her think about what she is doing. I don’t know if you really understand what you are doing. She cares so much about you. She wants to be with you, no matter how crappy you treat her in my eyes. She wants you, and that makes me so mad. I hear all the wrong you do and the things that she thinks is okay when it really isn’t, because you act like it is normal.

My question is, why do you keep doing this to her? Why do you send mixed signals and do things that people in real relationships should do? I understand that the dating game is so different now, and also the fact that I’m very old-school on the dating topic. But what you are doing is wrong. It’s making us be more on edge with each other because I’m to the point I won’t talk to her about this anymore. I am tired of her thinking everything is sunflowers and paradise when it’s not. And I feel like you are to blame for that.

In the end, I hope one day you realize what you are doing to her, you see all the pain you have caused her. Making her feel like she almost can’t be a girl and have emotions. She tries so hard not to get attached to you because she knows you won’t like her like that. Yet two seconds later, you say you want to meet her parents. It’s just not right. You need to think more about what you really want. She is a great person and truly one of a kind, one that will do anything for you. With that, it kills me that she wastes her time with people that just uses her. She has so much to offer and so much to give. Yet she can’t see that. Just do me a favor, either tell her how you really feel about her, make it work or just walk away. Stop doing the added things that relationships have and just solely be friends. Be with girls that you would see yourself with instead of messing with her emotions.

Because quite frankly, I can’t take the "I love him still, we will be together one day again," or "I can’t stand a guy like that because he does this, that and this," and two seconds later she wants to be with you. I can’t. I want a guy that will take her on a date and let her wear that cute little black dress she bought just for a date night, that will take her on surprise her, do anything and everything for her. Not one that says things and makes her think that, yet later sits her down saying you won’t ever date her. That’s wrong.

Just please for me make up your mind. You are either in or out because you can’t have your hands in both pots.

Sincerely a best friend that can’t see her friend get hurt anymore